Now Big Joke joins the hunt for female tourist who sat on a ledge at Wat Phra Kaew

snoop1130

i thought the guy was doing ok. didnt last long did it, living up to his name, even so thick to realise the meaning of his nickname . now go and catch some proper criminals like you are supposed to be doing, and who is the <deleted> that dobbed an innocent tourist in, proud of yaself are ya ?? the monkeys better watch out they will be next in line ha ha

Edited by mercman24

2 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

It will be OK.  That woman can sue for deformation.  That person taking photos of her can also be charged with invasion of privacy.. taking up skirt photos of tourists.  

Deformation, what did the photo show a labiaplasty gone wrong?

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, JOC said:

The Thai Superhero aka Big Joke is saving Thailand once again....

Promotion around the corner?

The dinosaurs in charge are watching him and appreciating the distraction.....

prawit.jpeg

None of them plan to step down in the near future including the appointed puppet man! he has announced no longer in the military what for when he is a billion times richer now, see how he has transformed himself the last few years. He has been going to school to transform himself he might not have the watches but noticed the suits he wear now, constantly telling the people he needs to extend the election so he can get himself in the race to win!  He finding out how profitable it is, rumor he has a billion stashed away in Swiss bank?  Transfer of power from the BIB to the Army just like China which translate into $$$$

If sitting on a ledge is such a big deal, then, if these guys were seriously concerned about it,  they would be considering all the 10,000 other infractions and offenses that tourists are committing at Wat Pra Kaew probably daily and declare the place off limits to tourists. If they actually slap fines or even jail these tourists for what the authorities  well know was unintended offensive behavior, then to continue to keep the temple open to tourists borders on entrapment,  lending another shade of meaning to the term "tourist trap." It is Wat Pra KAew's job to ask tourists not to do things that are offensive to Thais. Look doods, you are welcoming people to bring money into your country, they can't resonably be asked to not offend you at some point, that is the deal, we graciously allow you offensive foreigners to come to our country spend money and the price is we have to put up with your loud mouth, freewheeling ways. If the Thais seriously don't want the behavior then they don't deserve the tourists and their money. If the police were sincerely interested in fixing the problem they would be working with security staff at Wat Pra Kaew to do their jobs better and tap tourists on the shoulder and say, "Please don't do that." Its as simple as that. There is no need for some kind of ludicrous manhunt melodrama, but thats just it there is a need for that kind of melodrama which is what this is about.

Edited by Shaunduhpostman
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Shaunduhpostman said:

...they would be working with security staff at Wat Pra Kaew to do their jobs better and tap tourists on the shoulder....

but then they would need to put down their cellphones, somewhere in

the middle of the fifth level of wafer wharf!  can't just pause, only get

50 moves to grab 3 striped candies!

The two foreigners are Serbian named Ms.Nadica Curcin, 31, who is sitting on the wall of the temple and Mr. Vladimir Weirovic, 31, is the photographer. They were identified by police at Suvarnabhumi Airport this afternoon and were fined 5,000 baht each. They were allowed to continue on there flight home back to Serbia.

Gleamed from reading the latest Thai news media on facebook.

Edited by tukkytuktuk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tukkytuktuk said:

Two foreigners are Serbian named Ms.Nadica Curcin, 31, who is sitting on the wall of the temple and Mr. Vladimir Weirovic, 31, is the photographer. They were identified by police at Suvarnabhumi Airport this afternoon and were fined 5,000 baht each. They were allowed to continue on there flight home back to Serbia.

Gleamed from reading the latest Thai news media on facebook.

I wonder where the 5,000 Baht fine has appeared from? Is it listed at the temple as the fine for 'inappropriate behaviour'?

Is the fine the same for Thais, or perhaps 500 Baht - same as the lower admission fee?

• Like 1

I hope they are caught! Common sense would tell anyone who is thinking that this was the wrong thing to do. Still, no one reads signs. There may be a need for another way of informing guest what is unacceptable behavior and the associated punishments.

2 hours ago, digger70 said:

Why don't they take Serious all the Corruption ,Traffic Law problems, Murders ,Mafia, loan sharks,,,Instead of  a lady  sitting down (not Laying) and nothing to show,,,,

"and nothing to show,,,,"

Would have liked to give a second opinion on that... any chance of an unedited version of the photo??? :tongue:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Basil B said:

"and nothing to show,,,,"

Would have liked to give a second opinion on that... any chance of an unedited version of the photo??? :tongue:

She's either an exhibitionist, or she's making photos together with her bf. Good girls do not sit like that and let others make photos with open legs wearing a skirt. it's not a GoGo bar, isn't it? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bluesofa said:

There probably is. It depends on who your parents are whether it will be enforced though.

But an ordinary girl wouldn't show the part of her body what we guys usually, (excluded Jingthing and friends) like to see. :shock1:

P.S. Where could the original photo be now? 

Edited by jenny2017
  • Like 1

Must have been an illegal (Burmese, Cambodian or Chinese) tour guide.  No Thai tour guide would allow them to commit such a hideous crime. 

Seriously: A foreign teenager on holiday.  She would have had no idea she was committing a cultural crime of such huge importance. Just wanted a pretty pic to show back home, taken in this pretty building.   Question:  Did she ignore any big signs in multiple languages? 

Edited by The Deerhunter

12 hours ago, ICECOOL said:

The real issue here that this behaviour is deeply offensive to ordinary Thai's and Buddhists. Like climbing on certain statues or buildings in UK or US.

In any country there are limits to behaviour. If you travel, you should respect that countries religious and legal requirements, even if you do not agree. Belittling the protection of religious and ancient landmarks shows a lot of ignorance. 

Deflecting, by saying the authorities are not doing this,  or not doing that,  so why do this, is just childish. 

Absolutely right my friend!

Some westerners visit other countries and behave as if they are visiting Disney World , and the sites are attractions there for their entertainment. They don't realise that these sites are also  functioning  local institutions .

Ignorant , disrespectful  behaviour is not only directed at the site but also at the people who hold these sites sacred, and/or in other ways important to their identity, 

The look at the Thai woman's face says it all.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

yes, but he's tourist police.  shouldn't he be protecting the tourists?

he should be going after whoever took the upskirt photo of the

innocent foreigner!

the camera is angled up under her skirt, and she is not wearing tights

or leggings.  not only that, they published the offensive photo!  there

ought to be a law against that. 

Also that warningsign to not sit there is not according international standards...which pancake designed that? I also wouldn't understand it, for me the X is to close a screen or program.

Wow. Book em Danno....Phuket is in a sad state of affairs. This year we finally made a switch for our winter getaway. Spent 3 months in Bali. The people there actually like tourist. They were all so warm and friendly. Cabs were ultra cheap. Ladies and gentlemen do yourselves a favour. Get the hell out of the land of empty smiles.  Cheers

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, derngt said:

Wow. Book em Danno....Phuket is in a sad state of affairs. This year we finally made a switch for our winter getaway. Spent 3 months in Bail. The people there actually like tourist. They were all so warm and friendly. Cabs were ultra cheap. Ladies and gentlemen do yourselves a favour. Get the hell out of the land of empty smiles.  Cheers

Also the bali streetvendors love tourists soooo much, you can't get rid of them..they'll follow you all over the place. But still it's much better than phuket.

Wat Phra Kao is not a park, or a common area in Thailand, it is a religious site. If tourists cannot act

respectfully, while touring this place, and ask where they can sit, or what is acceptable to do and what is not, theyare just asking for trouble. This young person and her friend are showing just how lazy and ignorant they both are. The tour guide

may have been looking the other way when this clueless woman got  on the ledge. Again it is both tourists who are

at fault for this incident.

Geezer

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Wat Phra Kao is not a park, or a common area in Thailand, it is a religious site. If tourists cannot act

respectfully, while touring this place, and ask where they can sit, or what is acceptable to do and what is not, theyare just asking for trouble. This young person and her friend are showing just how lazy and ignorant they both are. The tour guide

may have been looking the other way when this clueless woman got  on the ledge. Again it is both tourists who are

at fault for this incident.

Geezer

"asking for trouble.."

In this case the full force of Big Joke and his minions...

Shangri-La does faux outrage very well-very similar to Thai "soaps" where they all shriek and scream at each other.

7 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Ah, but the self-righteous PC frequent these overpriced establishments....

The same as this incredibly ignorant woman I expect...

Som Nam Na.

I hope she spends a month in jail, but that said the police have more important work to do than this.

"a month in jail"?

Seriously?

There must be something in the water..

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

"a month in jail"?

Seriously?

Well not really, a night in the slammer and a 100,000 baht fine (like smoking on the beach) for sure.

It is extremely disrespectful after all.

What would she get in Arab countries for this type of offense, a 100 lashes or 10 years in jail?

Cheers, I hope you are well.

14 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Well not really, a night in the slammer and a 100,000 baht fine (like smoking on the beach) for sure.

It is extremely disrespectful after all.

What would she get in Arab countries for this type of offense, a 100 lashes or 10 years in jail?

Cheers, I hope you are well.

I believe a sense of proportion is in order.

How about a good wigging and a photo shoot with the young lady for all the hard working police officers?

If that fails..then I guess a good burning at the stake could be on the menu.....

I did not know that Thailand espoused any of those crazy desert type monotheistic religions...

• Like 1

Now Big Joke joins the hunt for female tourist who sat on a ledge at Wat Phra Kaew

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GRknevwPbCJOsIi3iC.jpg.078cb66153be1b67454f8eac91de2a4b.jpg.02edec18c48d949c7d7b73368a732273.jpg

The Thai police are taking the case of the female tourist pictured lying down on a ledge at the Temple of the Emerald Buddha last Sunday very seriously.

Top crime buster Surachet Hakpal was featured on Channel 7 news taking a keen interest in the case alongside Phraratchawang police.

The tourist and her male friend taking snapshots could face a month in jail or and/or a fine of 10,000 baht.

Maj-General Surachet - the deputy commissioner of the tourist police bureau - stressed it was not just the tourists' fault. He spoke on camera saying that their tour guide or trip organizer must take a share of the blame if they did not warn the tourists about what is acceptable and appropriate behavior at sites like Wat Phra Kaew in Thailand.

Another police spokesman Achayon Kraithong reiterated that such behavior was a serious offense in Thailand punishable by a jail term not exceeding one month and/or a 10,000 baht fine. 

Surachet - know by the moniker Big Joke (rice gruel) in the Thai media - has been seen all over this week busting Thai call center scammers in Dubai, illegal overstaying foreigners in Bangkok, trans-national criminals nationwide and now this latest incident.

Channel 7 showed the cops examining CCTV and said that the tourists were believed to still be in Thailand.

Source: http://news.ch7.com/detail/277658
  tvn_logo.jpg&key=c0462a795211d2ee26e4aec14494dc36e676f591189aadad96b38e269ae09239 -- [emoji767] Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-3-23

Reading this makes me very sad and quite angry. I know I am a farang and my opinion is nothing but when I was visiting the Kingdom back in 2008, our guide ( Thai national ) was very explicit about the rules when visiting temples and historical gardens. No short skirts or sleeveless shirts ( makes the monks ‘confuse’ ) and never point your bare feet ( no shoes inside the temples ) at the Buddha. As well, no climbing on any parts of the temples not built for foot traffic ( this was important at the historical ruins in Ayutthaya)!!!

My wife and I enjoyed our visit to the Kingdom and I hope to return someday to rekindle my love for the country. I am truly ashamed that this lady in the image has made farang even more despised in the eyes of the citizens of Thailand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1