Drugs, robbery and murder - three foreigners arrested Friday in separate cases

snoop1130

Drugs, robbery and murder - three foreigners arrested Friday in separate cases

1521799058580-960x0.jpg

Thai police have announced the arrest of three foreigners in Bangkok and Udon Thani.

In the first case a 59 year old Pakistani man known as Jimmy Rais or Rais Ahmed Baksh was apprehended in Soi 24 in Ramkhamhaeng district where he ran a coffee and food shop that police say was a front for illegal activity.

The cops said he was producing ketamine for sale in Thailand and making fake credit cards and passports using information gleaned from customers visiting his shop.

A whole host of credit card copying equipment was seized along with 628 grams of ketamine. Also seized were four cars, one motorcycle and 10 million baht in other assets.

The police are also taking to "Jimmy's" wife and son. 

Meanwhile, in Surawong Road, Bang Rak, police arrested 35 year old Russian Rustam Abdurakmanov after information received from the Russian Embassy. 

He had been working as a martial arts exponent in Thailand.

He was wanted on a warrant from his homeland for involvement in three armed robberies using war weapons that netted a total of 1.2 million baht. 

The third arrest dated back to the shooting of a Malaysian businessman in Hat Yai, southern Thailand, on December 4th 2015.

Lee Ah Han was gunned down in his Mercedes Benz S300. His wife Mayuree Thipmanee was injured but survived the attack that was carried out using war weapons.

Arrested in Mark Khaeng sub-district of Udon Thani yesterday was 40 year old Malaysian national Tan Wun Jen who the police say ordered the shooting. 

Sources: http://www.tnamcot.com/view/5ab4cff2e3f8e420a443aae1 & https://www.innnews.co.th/breaking-news/news_43972/

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-3-23
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

three armed robberies using war weapons

War Weapons - As opposed to the typical sweet smile and polite words that bank robbers use, although the really determined have been known to brandish pea shooters

- New editor maybe?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Have you noticed their  lovely new  enforced stupid skinhead haircuts these  days, the force  is "so  much"  better for that one swift action from the big knob cheese in charge.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Stropper, why you getting stroppy?

What mikebell posted was correct, RTP making a big fuss about foreigners, but forget about all within their ranks that are corrupt.

yes we here that crap all day every day on this site.

bent coppers, brown paper bags, ALL Thai officials are corrupt bla bla bla

but funny thing, the first time you actually know a REAL person who tell you a real story, you hear they are in big trouble for suggesting a bribe to a cop.

not saying it doesnt happen but you guys is like a broken record and if you keep spreading this you will get more people in trouble for bribery charges.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The police are also taking to "Jimmy's" wife and son. 

Whilst Jimmy's wife must be attractive to warrant that interest, I can't help but fear for his son.

Edited by Ossy
correction
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Well mate you are 100% wrong, it is obvious you do not know my story regarding the corrupt police here.

If you did you would never have posted what you just posted.

Lost more than 3 million baht because of corrupt police, did not receive 1 baht in compensation, again because of corrupt police, so you picked the wrong person to quote.

Care to retract your comment now?

my comment is not in regards to your case personally. but some things are in the past and yes i know a lot of dodgy stuff went down.

but now we hearing of people getting extra charges for bribery so my point was to keep going on about it nowadays and make people believe they can easily bribe any cop is no good.

i think this site is trouble sometimes you can read stories on here that people have dredged up from years ago and added their own BS like chinese whispers

• Like 2

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

What mikebell posted was correct, RTP making a big fuss about foreigners, but forget about all within their ranks that are corrupt.

Not corruption just business,

• Sad 1

Good day guys . maybe its not only thailand police that are corrupt. i would think corruption in policing is world wide .

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, inThailand said:

What are war weapons?  These are only used by falangs? But reserved for the Junta?

Includes items of clothing including camouflage jackets, bullet proof vests and any combat support equipment. It is illegal for foreigners to buy and sell these items. I suspect that they might look a bit stupid if this is all their search warrants produced so now they produce these terms to hide the true contents of their efforts. Who knows? Might have a good reason to use this term. But I would have thoughts that if the haul was real weapons there would be a major photo shoot.

• Thanks 1

Well mate you are 100% wrong, it is obvious you do not know my story regarding the corrupt police here.

If you did you would never have posted what you just posted.

Lost more than 3 million baht because of corrupt police, did not receive 1 baht in compensation, again because of corrupt police, so you picked the wrong person to quote.

Care to retract your comment now?

Lol... additionally... what’s this about suggesting a bribe to a cop... (per ting tong)... it’s been my experience that no suggestion is needed... none at all

lol... true story... he said to me “ you know how this works, right?” :cheesy:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tingtongtourist said:

my comment is not in regards to your case personally. but some things are in the past and yes i know a lot of dodgy stuff went down.

but now we hearing of people getting extra charges for bribery so my point was to keep going on about it nowadays and make people believe they can easily bribe any cop is no good

i think this site is trouble sometimes you can read stories on here that people have dredged up from years ago and added their own BS like chinese whispers

How about.... lest we forget.... or... history repeats.. or... well I think the point is made

this particular pot needs to be kept boiling, and stirred regularly, until public perception on the acceptability of corruption changes significantly.

google “corruption in Thailand”... businessmen claim corruption is increasing.... and funniest of all... thailand has a museum of corruption.

Edited by farcanell
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, farcanell said:

How about.... lest we forget.... or... history repeats.. or... well I think the point is made

this particular pot needs to be kept boiling, and stirred regularly, until public perception on the acceptability of corruption changes significantly.

I get your point but us farang cant change anything only Thai

and if a Thai get a ticket does he choose x,xxx baht at police station or 200baht on the roadside?

i know some farang here got the tough end of the stick regard with corruption but is a two sided coin

corruption is part of the reason why things so cheap here.

cheap fines

able to pay out of jail for drugs instead of doing 20 years in the can.

knock off consumer goods makes the whole market more competitive

overall cost of living cheaper when you consider western states rules and regulation on everything.

i wont even mention the p4p thing.

and if no corruption probably this place would be priced like Singapore and many of you guys will have to pack up bags and leave cause you cant afford it!!

1 hour ago, tingtongtourist said:

yes we here that crap all day every day on this site.

bent coppers, brown paper bags, ALL Thai officials are corrupt bla bla bla

but funny thing, the first time you actually know a REAL person who tell you a real story, you hear they are in big trouble for suggesting a bribe to a cop.

not saying it doesnt happen but you guys is like a broken record and if you keep spreading this you will get more people in trouble for bribery charges.

"broken records" or "washer women" ? 

My friend said that he knows it from another friend ...

8 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

I get your point but us farang cant change anything only Thai

and if a Thai get a ticket does he choose x,xxx baht at police station or 200baht on the roadside?

i know some farang here got the tough end of the stick regard with corruption but is a two sided coin

corruption is part of the reason why things so cheap here.

cheap fines

able to pay out of jail for drugs instead of doing 20 years in the can.

knock off consumer goods makes the whole market more competitive

overall cost of living cheaper when you consider western states rules and regulation on everything.

i wont even mention the p4p thing.

and if no corruption probably this place would be priced like Singapore and many of you guys will have to pack up bags and leave cause you cant afford it!!

Cool... another poster converted

a lot of expats are discussing leaving Thailand anyway... for cheaper Asian alternatives, for many and varied reasons ( im assuming that’s were you mean the pauper expats will have to go... as going back to point of origin, won’t be cheaper)

i for one, would be happier to pay more, for better policing... esp on the roads... these days I rarely take the steed for a spin, certainly not outside of the immediate rawai area... it’s just too damn dangerous with no accountability forced on the populace.