Can primary/secondary employer be switched in-country

I have a work permit with a primary employer, and a secondary employer endorsed in the back section.  My visa is attached of course to the primary employer.

Can the empoyer roles be switched without leaving the country and starting a new visa/work permit process?

It would require a new work permit application by the 2nd employer and the existing one being cancelled.

If you actually have a 90 day non-b visa entry it would not be affected. If on an extension of stay based upon working it would have to be changed to the 2nd employer after the existing one is canceled.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It would require a new work permit application by the 2nd employer and the existing one being cancelled.

If you actually have a 90 day non-b visa entry it would not be affected. If on an extension of stay based upon working it would have to be changed to the 2nd employer after the existing one is canceled.

Hi Joe, I am on visa extensions for the last 13 years, and the same work permit also renewed each year.

My current visa ex and WP expire on 31 March.  I'd like to make the secondary employer the primary one, and switch the current primary one to the secondary.  Am I understanding correctly that this could all be done without getting a new B visa from a Thai embassy in the name of the [currently] second employer?

If that is possible, that's great...what exactly would I have to do?  Having never done anything like this before, I'm not sure what the procedure is.

Thanks for the info.

Edited by ThunderRd