Finnish Fantasist In Fibbing Fiasco..............

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya People January 24th 2007

A Tall Tale from Finland

An injured foreigner was brought into the Dongtan Sub-Station by a motorbike taxi of Jomtien Soi 3’s area, on 24th January at 2 am with a knife wound on his left arm.

Mr. Jori Untola from Finland claimed that he went for a drink in a bar at Jomtien Soi 3, and when he got drunk, he had an argument with a bargirl there whereupon she stabbed him fiercely with a knife.

The police thought that the wound was serious so issued a “transfer letter” for the foreigner to take to the hospital for treatment and then return to make a report at the station.

An hour later he came back telling the police that he hadn’t been to the hospital. His problem now was that he couldn’t enter his room and requested the police to go open it for him.

Curious, the police called back the motorbike taxi driver who brought the foreigner to the station and discovered that the Finn had not been attacked by a bargirl – maybe he had an argument with his wife, she attacked him, and then refused him entry to the room?

The police told the foreigner that he must deal with this problem himself as it is a family matter, and the police can’t get involved. The Finn was very upset that the police didn’t assist him and left without making a report – fearing that the police might arrest his wife.

So is it legal to stab or physically harm your spouse then? If it was a bargirl, they would investigate, but not his wife? Family matters should be taken more seriously since those are the matters that usually end up in death more often. You more likely to be killed by a loved one than a stranger. Shouldn't the police know this and therefore make sure the situation is calm before sending the man back home for more cutlery lessons.

So is it legal to stab or physically harm your spouse then? If it was a bargirl, they would investigate, but not his wife? Family matters should be taken more seriously since those are the matters that usually end up in death more often. You more likely to be killed by a loved one than a stranger. Shouldn't the police know this and therefore make sure the situation is calm before sending the man back home for more cutlery lessons.

Absolutely the police should investigate injuries by family members and not leave it until a murder happens.

Reminds me of the time I was making a phone call to India from a western country. I had dialled 911 before I realized that I'd left out the 011 or whatever to do an international call. I dialled again and made the call to India. Then the doorbell rang and there was this massive policeman on the doorstep. I explained what had happened but he insisted that he come in and look around.