Satellite TV

rutteketuut

Hello,

I am trying to install satellite TV for my Thai wife without any luck. I bought all the parts on Lazada. A 60 cm PSI dish that came with ID-K2SU new advaced dualpolarisation KU band twin lnbf. The receiver is a PSI S2 HD. I positioned the dish with a satellite finder till a had the strongest signal. There are no walls or trees in the way. The receiver is connected with the TV by an HDMI cable. On every channel of the receiver it shows: NO CONTENT. What am I doing wrong? Is it the position of the LNB? Today I tried with another coaxial cable without succes.

Thanks. 

Yes probably the wrong satellite.

Many moons ago ( about1998 )

I spent a whole week trying to get a 1.2 meter dish to track the satellite arc using some

information from a book I think it was "the world satellite almanac"

eventually ..my first sighting was "Discovery channel" then "CNN" and "Super Channel" @ 27 west

over joyed I bought a bit of software that works out the proper angles

plus a declinometer and compass. the setup is still working fine to this day !

dish.jpg.4ba3fd6e791f34c00147459777a8d7bd.jpg

now you can do it all online

http://www.dishpointer.com/

Edited by johng

Are you sure your dish alignment is correct?  Where I live, NE of Surin my dish points approx 252 degrees W and about 55 degrees from horizontal. It is also possible that the firmware in the box just needs updating.  My system cost less than 2500 baht installed and you may save yourself a lot of headaches if you pay a local installer to set your system up. It would be money well spent in the long run. 

• Like 1

What channels are you expecting to receive and where in Thailand are you?

For Thai channels digital terrestrial is available over much of the country, much less hassle to set up (and the antenna is rather more discrete). For foreign language decent internet is your friend.

We removed satellite a couple of years back, Wifey has every channel she could need and so do I.