Assembly Drops Pet Registration Law

webfact

Assembly Drops Pet Registration Law

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

3-55-696x391.jpg  

A dog and a cat share a meal March 9 at a temple shelter in Songkhla province

BANGKOK — The interim parliament has turned down the idea of a new pet law to combat rabies, an official said Thursday.

Instead of moving forward with a bill that would have required people to register their animals among other measures, Jate Sirathranont of the assembly’s public health committee said the authorities would focus on vaccinating and neutering stray animals.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2018/03/29/assembly-drops-pet-registration-law/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-03-29
  • Like 1

“It was just an idea, but it won’t become law for now,” Jate said Thursday morning.”

It seems quite popular at the moment if a proposal is rejected, to claim “It was just an idea".

Good face-saving move.

Edited by bluesofa
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

“It was just an idea, but it won’t become law for now,” Jate said Thursday morning.”

It seems quite popular at the moment if a proposal is rejected, to claim “It was just an idea".

Good face-saving move.

Should have said ' just a Bad idea'

19 hours ago, petermik said:

I think a committee should be set up to investigate whether this was in fact a good or bad idea......:whistling:

They tried, unfortunately investigations had to be cancelled when 2/3 of the committee members called in sick, after discovering symptoms of rabies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lupatria said:

They tried, unfortunately investigations had to be cancelled when 2/3 of the committee members called in sick, after discovering symptoms of rabies.

Ha ha!

So that will be goodnight from all of them - forever.

I'm sure I read that once you exhibit symptoms of rabies it's too late and death is inevitable.

I may be wrong but I think in the UK the rule is that if a dog is found in the street without a collar, it is considered a stray and can be rounded up, taken to a pound and if not claimed after a certain number of days it is "destroyed".

They just put collars on the stray "not my dogs"

So

Any dog roaming around without its "owner" regardless of collar or not should be rounded up taken to a pound and if not claimed after a certain number of days it is "destroyed"

Before any dog leaves the pound it should be (if not already) chipped,vaccinated and neutered at the "owners" expense.
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, CeeGee said:

I may be wrong but I think in the UK the rule is that if a dog is found in the street without a collar, it is considered a stray and can be rounded up, taken to a pound and if not claimed after a certain number of days it is "destroyed".

I am sure if this were implemented in Thailand it could solve the soi dog problem almost overnight.Responsible dog owners only have to pay 50/100 baht for a collar(possibly with name tag).No responsible owner could argue with that.

No need for complex legislation ,simple, no collar, no dog. Very easy and cheap to enforce.

Ideally the collar should have the name & address of owner... and the animal should be micro chipped. 

If it were compulsory to have dogs and cats micro chipped then owners can be traced, have a dual pricing system offer half price micro chipping with free  "spaying and neutering", if you do not want your animals spaying or neutering you pay a big fee that subsidises the the cost of spaying and neutering for responsible owners, and if you do not get your pet chipped you may lose it.

The bottom line is if you can not afford to get your animal vaccinated, chipped, spaying or neutering, and vet care when it needs it, you can not afford to keep one...