‘Love Destiny' fans can wear period costumes for their ID card photo, says official

webfact

‘Love Destiny' fans can wear period costumes for their ID card photo, says official

By The Nation

f8d7b71008c343fe54638c13067b27a4-sld.jpe

Fans of the popular period TV series “Love Destiny” can wear traditional period Thai costumes while having their photo taken for the national identification card, a senior government official said on Friday.

Amnaj Phosa-ard, director of the National ID Card division of the Household Registration Office under the Provincial Administration Department, clarified the issue after Facebook users widely argued whether it could be done lawfully.

The dispute came after a female doctor, Numfon Sinchai, wore an Ayutthaya period costume while renewing her ID card and shared her photo on her Facebook wall.

Amnaj said the law does not prohibit citizens from wearing historical Thai costumes for the ID card photo. He said most Thai costumes are modest and aesthetically acceptable if worn properly.

People having their photos taken for ID cards are banned from wearing sunglasses or a hat and are not allowed to cover their faces with a cloth. Muslim women may wear hijabs as long as the cloth reveals the entire face. Since hat wearing is banned, a long-pointed hat or chada, which is part of a traditional dancer’s costume, cannot be worn for the government ID.

The series has been a big hit, leading many Thais, particularly women, to dress up in ancient costumes and visit various historical locales, especially the Ayutthaya temples, which have served as shooting locations for the TV drama.

The series is about a vicious woman with a bad habit living in historical Ayutthaya, and her kind-hearted woman reincarnation in the current time.

The vicious woman in Ayutthaya was cursed by a punishing spell, causing her soul to swap with the kind one in the current time.

When the current-time soul lives in the body of the ancient woman she meets her destined love. The cute and funny character as portrayed by the leading actress, and the way she was perceived by old-time Ayutthaya people as she introduced them to modern-day technology and lifestyles, has helped make the series a mega hit.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30342089

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-03-30

Will they go that far to allow this for passport photos? Good luck for international travel posing like a MC of a circus. On the other hand, where else can you buy 18 period costumes in one package for a reasonable price?

Edited by Lupatria
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, starky said:

It's an ID card pretty much a head and shoulders shot so, as long as your face isn't covered, who cares what you wear? This joint is so ridiculous how much control do you need over the population?

101%

19 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

Exactly, starky. Even if they stood there with their pants down, the ID picture would still be cropped to only show head and shoulders anyway.

But I do advocate that officials from now on will be required to turn up in clown costumes when they have photos for their IDs taken. It will help the public to immediately determine who they're dealing with.  

Yeah but  you need to be real careful of some of  these  clowns

hqdefault.jpg

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

But I do advocate that officials from now on will be required to turn up in clown costumes when they have photos for their IDs taken. It will help the public to immediately determine who they're dealing with.

For once it isn't petty-mindedness by an official. That's good for a change.

I see comments here using flawed ferang logic against Thainess, stating that's it's only head and shoulders you can see in the ID photo, so it doesn't matter.

I'd love to see someone turn up as Coco the clown, then count how many officials laughed, against how many had heart failure.

When I was photographed for my ID card the requirement was to remove glasses and shoes. So I had to put my beer down temporarily.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, kannot said:

Yeah but  you need to be real careful of some of  these  clowns

hqdefault.jpg

Oh, that costume's reserved for General Watch, a.k.a. Porky Pig, and his best buddy, that self-indulging poet and untalented music composer with a penchant for the annoyingly melodramatic. You know who I mean...

21 hours ago, webfact said:

The series is about a vicious woman with a bad habit living in historical Ayutthaya, and her kind-hearted woman reincarnation in the current time.

The vicious woman in Ayutthaya was cursed by a punishing spell, causing her soul to swap with the kind one in the current time.

When the current-time soul lives in the body of the ancient woman she meets her destined love. The cute and funny character as portrayed by the leading actress, and the way she was perceived by old-time Ayutthaya people as she introduced them to modern-day technology and lifestyles, has helped make the series a mega hit.

A mega hit? Sounds bloody dreadful if you ask me. Is there much shrieking in it?

• Haha 1

A popular show, Thais can dress in costume for their ID card photo also prisoners are allowed to view it inside, and along with Prayuths request that Thais wear period costumes in public says it all really.

and who better than P and his merry junta to keep the good folk in the 1800's.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Oziex1 said:

A popular show, Thais can dress in costume for their ID card photo also prisoners are allowed to view it inside, and along with Prayuths request that Thais wear period costumes in public says it all really.

and who better than P and his merry junta to keep the good folk in the 1800's.

Oh good. I'm looking forward to buying the services of a good woman for one Baht.

On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:00 AM, baboon said:

A mega hit? Sounds bloody dreadful if you ask me. Is there much shrieking in it?

You mean you have not seen it? mrs has the crap on every episode and it's a smash hit. Basically same same as every other lakorn with laughable lighting, females in bed with full make up and plenty of catty encounters between the women. The only difference is it has old costumes and set in a fantasy Siam past that was nothing like this. The wigs are particularly funny, not seen a ghost in it so far. Absolute rubbish and of a very low standard all round, they love it !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

You mean you have not seen it? mrs has the crap on every episode and it's a smash hit. Basically same same as every other lakorn with laughable lighting, females in bed with full make up and plenty of catty encounters between the women. The only difference is it has old costumes and set in a fantasy Siam past that was nothing like this. The wigs are particularly funny, not seen a ghost in it so far. Absolute rubbish and of a very low standard all round, they love it !

I can't say as you've sold it to me, Orton... I shall make sure not to tune in this evening.

• Like 1