Prostitutes in Thailand are fueling the rise in cases of super gonorrhoea

webfact

In SE Asia, that covers 7 countries, and in one of them to my knowledge , there is NO prostitution as it is illegal . So one of the other 6 must be the culprit . 

had to happen sooner or later  though , wave it about and stick it in 'orrible places eventually it will catch something .  

• Sad 1

Not much of a chance of antibiotics making great headway here in LOS.   Wife (Thai) is in health care (professional), I've chatted with her, explaining the risks of taking/prescribing  an antibiotic as a cure all, and/or for only 3-4 days...  In one ear, out the other (a great % of medical staff have minimal antibiotic training/experience).   Do you homework when given, what you would consider a simple prescription.....

• Like 1

I love the way the headline states " Prostitutes in Thailand are fueling the rise in cases of super gonorrhoea" but then the article states " could be fuelling the rise in the ‘super’ STIs ??

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Essaybloke said:

Oh yeah, blame those at the bottom of the social pyramid. The poorest, powerless and most persecuted (pardon the alliteration).  :coffee1:

You are of course talking about the Western gentlemen who because of their poor social position are forced to fly all the way to Asia to find someone who'll have sex with them.   

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, elektrified said:

Hard to believe there are people out there who would have unprotected sex with one of these scumbags!  

Often times the girls have no choice as the scumbags insist on doing it without protection.

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Prostitutes in Thailand are fueling the rise in cases of super gonorrhoea

FILE photo

Prostitutes in Thailand and throughout Southeast Asia are fueling the rise in of “super gonorrhoea”, British health experts have warned.

It comes after a news outlets in the UK reported on the case of a British man who experts say is the first person in the world to catch a strain of gonorrhoea that is resistant to almost all forms of treatment and medication.

"It comes after a news outlets in the UK reported on the case of a British man who experts say is the first person in the world to catch a strain of gonorrhoea that is resistant to almost all forms of treatment and medication".

Really? How does that work then?  If he's "the first person in the world" to get that strain of pox, by definition that means that no one else has it so he could not have contracted it from a prostitute, or anyone else, Asian or otherwise.

• Like 2

Ceftriaxone was the last defence left against gonorrhea but it seems likely that there are strains resistant to that too now.  The US CDC recommended several years ago that it should be given only by injection several years ago to prevent people from taking part courses and increasing the bug's resistance. The producers stopped selling the tablet forms in the US. Unfortunately, it is a generic produced locally and sold over the counter in tablet form in Thailand.  The consequences of that in Thailand and other third world countries that fail to regulate pharmaceuticals in a responsible manner are what we are seeing today in the form of a super bug.   

Is because when they have the lower strain virus they don't seek treatment immediately. 

They keep.banging and the virus grows stronger. mixed you another virus from the male who also Is infected. Evolution 

Thai girl must seek regular checks and use condom

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

How does that stunning revelation affect the transmission of a disease?

Did I mention that fact  ??    your troll is not helping, I mentioned a simple fact,  the STUNNING fact is if there were no prostitution there would certainly less cases, STUNNING fact.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, reallybigken said:

First it never said Thailand ...Typical news sensationalism ... point the finger at someone to make a point or make money....

This is the headline of the OP which, I'm sure, does say "Thailand"...Prostitutes in Thailand are fueling the rise in cases of super gonorrhea".

4 minutes ago, ginjag said:

Did I mention that fact  ??    your troll is not helping, I mentioned a simple fact,  the STUNNING fact is if there were no prostitution there would certainly less cases, STUNNING fact.

Sorry to assume that in a thread that is about the transmitting of an STD you may have been referring to it.  How silly of me.

By the way, I was not trolling, I was asking you a reasonable question about your comment!

Edited by Just Weird

Thai hookers tend to have the mistaken belief that STDs cannot be transmitted by oral sex which means that many of them pass on gonnorhea, clamydia and other infections from their throats to their customers' appendages.  Often they don't have symptoms and have no idea they are carrying the infections or they develop a sore throat after being infectious for a while but have no idea what might have caused the sore throat.  Therefore they probably take lower grade antibiotics like penicillin bought over the counter and just contribute to drug resistance without curing their sore throats, while transmitting the infection to many customers. 

Fortunately oral infections usually go away by themselves eventually but can remain infections for 3 months which can translate into a large number of blokes passing it on to other local hookers before taking it back to their wives and girlfriends back home. 

2 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Sorry to assume that in a thread that is about the transmitting of an STD you may have been referring to it.  How silly of me.

By the way, I was not trolling, I was asking you a reasonable question about your comment!

You got a straight answer less prostitution less passing on the HIV strain.      understand--less drinking alcohol less motor accidents---same thing.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

Thai hookers tend to have the mistaken belief that STDs cannot be transmitted by oral sex which means that many of them pass on gonnorhea, clamydia and other infections from their throats to their customers' appendages.  Often they don't have symptoms and have no idea they are carrying the infections or they develop a sore throat after being infectious for a while but have no idea what might have caused the sore throat.  Therefore they probably take lower grade antibiotics like penicillin bought over the counter and just contribute to drug resistance without curing their sore throats, while transmitting the infection to many customers. 

Fortunately oral infections usually go away by themselves eventually but can remain infections for 3 months which can translate into a large number of blokes passing it on to other local hookers before taking it back to their wives and girlfriends back home. 

True

They require a injection in the ass and doxycycline for 7 days to also eliminate the incubation of chlamydia. Both these drugs will 90% of the time kill the two viruses