Vietnam to Sakon Nakhon

Lunchbob

Hello,

Can anyone suggest a way to move a few hundred kilograms of product from Vietnam to Sakon Nakhon? The product is only 700 kilometers from my house, but it may as well be a million.  It is a mineral complex called, Excelerite. I tried the usual shipping companies....

Thankx.

I can't answer your question about transport, but I'm curious about the product and if you're planning to make it available in Thailand. I'm familiar with a product called Excelerite, a volcanic colloidal clay mined in Nevada USA.  Used as a trace mineral supplement for human and livestock nutrition, and as a soil amendment.  

You must feel it's worth it to import a large quantity. Are you farming with it, or are you going to bag it and sell it? As a soil improvement enthusiast I'm curious. Please tell us more. 

2 hours ago, drtreelove said:

I can't answer your question about transport, but I'm curious about the product and if you're planning to make it available in Thailand. I'm familiar with a product called Excelerite, a volcanic colloidal clay mined in Nevada USA.  Used as a trace mineral supplement for human and livestock nutrition, and as a soil amendment.  

You must feel it's worth it to import a large quantity. Are you farming with it, or are you going to bag it and sell it? As a soil improvement enthusiast I'm curious. Please tell us more. 

Hello, yes, it is the same Excelerite. I was able to find someone in VN who went to the trouble of paying for a shipping container from NV and are willing to sell some of it. As you know it is an amazing clay, well worth the money. I will use it in my garden and farm. If I were wealthy I would bag and sell it, but I don't have the resources to do it. How did you learn of Excelerite?

1 hour ago, Lunchbob said:

Hello, yes, it is the same Excelerite. I was able to find someone in VN who went to the trouble of paying for a shipping container from NV and are willing to sell some of it. As you know it is an amazing clay, well worth the money. I will use it in my garden and farm. If I were wealthy I would bag and sell it, but I don't have the resources to do it. How did you learn of Excelerite?

I heard of it through cannabis growers in the US, who are always searching for the holy grail, a magic potion to improve their crops and market value. Many are looking for a quick fix, but some realize the value of trace minerals within the context of an intelligent soil management program.

In a comprehensive soil improvement program to achieve High Nutrient Density , a trace mineral source is an important component. Some of the micro nutrients and trace elements are vital in completing the mineral balance in the soil,  supporting soil biology,  neutralizing toxic substances and enhancing plant resistance to pests and diseases. And they are important for creating a crop with full and desirable color and flavor.

So in addition to testing for and replenishing/balancing the major soil cations and anions and secondary elements, growers in the know incorporate one or more trace mineral products, like glacial rock dust, Azomite and kelp meal. I have used humate ore, Azomite and kelp meal extensively , but not yet sought out and tried Excelerite. 

I wouldn't expect a magic act just using it alone, because there are other important factors to consider, but it could be a valuable addition to complete the whole enchilada of soil building. If you can get it, and afford it. 

I looked into this a little more. Excellerite appears to be a Montmorillonite clay, similar to Bentonite clay.  If so, it's much more than a trace mineral source, and could be very useful for certain soil improvement processes, but not necessarily for all soil types. A similar material may be available in Thailand.  Calcium bentonite is especially useful with sandy soil and building cation exchange capacity and particle surface for soil biology to thrive. 

http://www.tewada9.com/bentonite.html

https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/us-rem/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/23191655/EXCELERITE-Technical-Report.pdf