What happens here??

ttl

I recently stopped at this roadside business to inquire what was on offer.The cog like sign board seemed to indicate some mechanical operation

With no English the only person visible (a young lad) was able to point to my windscreen road tax sticker

and say "CAN DO"

A casual glance about seemed to indicate a "rolling road machine" ,used for brake testing etc and little else

My question about OIL CHANGE  got (no Have)

Possible this is a step towards setting up vehicle testing stations nation wide to issue Wanrrants of Fitness for private vehicles and Certificates for Commercial vehicles/ Could be the start  of a Nation Wide network for compliances that is so badly needed

What do YOU know??/

SERVICE STOP.JPG

These are where you can take your car or motorscooter to renew your annual license sticker... they will test emissions, offer insurance (basic insurance is mandatory)... you can also ask for Class 1 insurance... Once you pay they will go to the local land office and obtain the new license sticker for you and you can come back in a day or two to collect... Very efficient and not a ripoff at all... 

362C120E-06D6-473F-BE6D-42678F254CA3.jpeg

One tricky thing is that the expiration month is an abbreviation in Thai (next to the year) Use the following to translate... (The sticker above expires in April)

450FE898-B4BD-43D5-9DA9-0C50CF01E976.jpeg

Are they Officially under LTA? If so why does every road vehicle NOT have to comply with the statutory regulations  and issued with a window sticker ( or have THEY NOT BEEN PROMULGATED YET

No valid sticker and they are OFF THE ROAD!

Zillions of threads and posts about the "cogwheel".

It indicates an officially licensed vehicle testing station.

It's NOT a repair/service shop.

They do test and write a certificate which is necessary to get a new "sticker" at the DLT (LTA as you call it).

Tests are necessary yearly for motorcycles after 5 years, cars after 7 years.

16 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

These are where you can take your car or motorscooter to renew your annual license sticker... they will test emissions, offer insurance (basic insurance is mandatory)... you can also ask for Class 1 insurance... Once you pay they will go to the local land office and obtain the new license sticker for you and you can come back in a day or two to collect... Very efficient and not a ripoff at all...

True, although it's additional services which I use thankfully.

You could also go with the test report/certificate and do it all on your own.

Others write that they can also handle the paperwork selling/buying used cars for a fee. I don't know from experience.

Hi  BENQ  Your last sentence says it all

Other countries I know have 6 months for all cars and 3 months for commercials

probably why one sees non-compliant vehicles every day on or at the side of the road bum uppermost

Mr Prayth   JUST DO IT NOW!

4 hours ago, ttl said:

Hi  BENQ  Your last sentence says it all

6 and 3 months is very tight.

I Germany it was a yearly inspection after the first year for cars.

For buses it was tighter but can't remember (6 month and maybe even closer for basic/break/safety inspection).

I fully agree: 7 years driving with new car without inspection is just crazy.

On 3/30/2018 at 4:16 PM, ttl said:

I am curious please tell us which other countries you know this for?

KhunBENQ has mentioned Germany and the

UK is after 3 years once per year.......

On 3/30/2018 at 3:49 PM, sfokevin said:

One tricky thing is that the expiration month is an abbreviation in Thai (next to the year) Use the following to translate... (The sticker above expires in April)

..that third '5' looks a bit suss.

22 minutes ago, topt said:

I am curious please tell us which other countries you know this for?

KhunBENQ has mentioned Germany and the

UK is after 3 years once per year.......

Holland have this for any vehicle in use for public transport (Taxi-Busses) 

13 minutes ago, Henricus said:

Thanks but I should have been more specific - I was curious for private cars

On 3/30/2018 at 3:49 PM, sfokevin said:

Good post, sfokevein.  Thanks.

46 minutes ago, Henricus said:

For detailed information go to www.N Z Transport Agency site where gull details for WOF and CIF are comprehensively displayed

Age of vehicles details are shown  Tks  Vince

Guy gets off the plane yesterday and on TV first thing in the morning. C'mon bro. The Golden cog? Really? Need help ordering breakfast tomorrow? Been rinsing your mouth out with the bum gun? Maybe sit on the sidelines for a few weeks before getting in the game. 

Government vehicle testing station - you get the vehicle inspected, they will issue minimum required insurance and they will apply and collect your tax disk for you. You pay a couple of hundred Baht for the service and can normally go an collect your tax disk and insurance in about 2 working days.

They "test" your vehicle to make sure it meets the required standards - it varies from office to office. Some offices used to do an emission test and sound level test on the exhaust, along with the rolling road to check your brakes.

Last one is used only checked the brakes, and last year their computer was down so they simply took a photo on their handphone and issued everything anyway.

Expect a free glass or a small bag of rice as a gift for using their services.

It is a pretty good service to be honest, saves you having to go to the transport office and queue for hours.

I use them for my bike and truck - they will apply and collect your tax disk even if your vehicle is under the 7 year old cut off.

Archived