Hair Coloring & Straightening At The Same Time?

posh

i dont advise it. all those chemicals in your hair will probably kill it and it will all snap off. best to wait around 3 weeks between treatments and put stacks of moisturising conditioners in your hair in between the processes.

i dont advise it. all those chemicals in your hair will probably kill it and it will all snap off. best to wait around 3 weeks between treatments and put stacks of moisturising conditioners in your hair in between the processes.

As a one time Wella Fella in Sydney OZ I concur with Donna..

To many chemical reactions you could end up with a Chemical Hair Cut not a Pretty sight..

As a one time Wella Fella in Sydney OZ I concur with Donna..

To many chemical reactions you could end up with a Chemical Hair Cut not a Pretty sight..

Sorry girls, your statement used to stand true but now technology in hair industry has moved so fast.

Going to the right salon with their advance technique and product, you could do both at the same time without causing further damage to your hair. In fact beside color together with rebonding, you could also straighten part of your hair and curl part of it at the same time. However if you wish to play safe, interval of 1 week should be sufficient for the next treatment.

Sorry girls, your statement used to stand true but now technology in hair industry has moved so fast.

Going to the right salon with their advance technique and product, you could do both at the same time without causing further damage to your hair. In fact beside color together with rebonding, you could also straighten part of your hair and curl part of it at the same time. However if you wish to play safe, interval of 1 week should be sufficient for the next treatment.

yes i tend to agree with jetz, industry do move fast. it seem like there are new names and terms keep popping up but same terms are just gimmick to attract customer. so make sure do your homework before going for it as in bangkok terms used might be different back home.

i used to get all my hair stuff done at Audy salon on the ground floor of the Viengtai Hotel in banglampoo. its an ugly salon really, but they were always OK with me. if you want high quality products used and more professional advice, i recommend toni and guy.

agree with donna, toni and guy has quality products only the cost can be quite high and sometime u can't get back the same stylish in your next visit.

if you want high quality and lower in cost but not a very big salon, you might want to try out chetta lifestyle salon. this salon is quite new but very professional. i got to know them through another threat in this forum and confirmed that they are good and worth your visit. is value for money. in fact i give them 5 stars in overall rating.

i did seeing them performing something of your request for a customer when i was there. you can give them a call @ 023982994 to check before dropping by.

agree with donna, toni and guy has quality products only the cost can be quite high and sometime u can't get back the same stylish in your next visit.

if you want high quality and lower in cost but not a very big salon, you might want to try out chetta lifestyle salon. this salon is quite new but very professional. i got to know them through another threat in this forum and confirmed that they are good and worth your visit. is value for money. in fact i give them 5 stars in overall rating.

i did seeing them performing something of your request for a customer when i was there. you can give them a call @ 023982994 to check before dropping by.

Do you have the address? What products are they using?

Thank you.

Thank you.

Chetta Lifestyle Salon, 155/108 Udom Suk 47 (Suhkumhvit Road 103), Bangkok. Product is Alfaparf from Italy. Easy -- just give them a ring.

The best color I have had in BKK is from a woman named Narisa who used to be at First Avenue on Sukhumvit Soi 1 and recently moved to the Capital Club between Soi 4 and 6. She speaks excellent English and seems to really understand farang hair (even my extremely curly, rapidly greying, very dry hair).

Her number is 089 167 4277

Thank you.

Chetta Lifestyle Salon, 155/108 Udom Suk 47 (Suhkumhvit Road 103), Bangkok. Product is Alfaparf from Italy. Easy -- just give them a ring.

I was there yesterday after making an appointment. They are not surprised with my request to do both straightening and color as they've done it many times. The master stylish was trainned by the Japanese and Italian on the technique. I'm very happy with the outcome except needed to spend half a day there. Straightening or some called it rebonding is a very tedious and time consuming process. Luckily, they got me a "bah mee" if not i'll be dead with a beautiful hairdo :o In short, they are friendly, professional and good value too!

How much does it cost to have your hair straightened in los? and how many places do this sort of thing? Only the places aimed at farang? Not like the thais need to straighten their hair or anything.

yeh..err..my sister wants to know..ahem :o

thanks

How much does it cost to have your hair straightened in los? and how many places do this sort of thing? Only the places aimed at farang? Not like the thais need to straighten their hair or anything.

yeh..err..my sister wants to know..ahem :o

thanks

In Bangkok, it can cost you as much as up to 7000 or 8000 bahts. Most of the salons provide such service but standard vary from places to places. So it's advisable to go to a reliable salon. Your sis might want to try out the salon I usually patronized. CHETTA LIFESTYLE SALON, Udom Suk 47, ph. 023982994, 0859348427. You can expect high quality result paying properly 1/4 to 1/2 of those reputable salons are charging.

The most important procedure in hair rebonding is the crimping. It takes a lot of skill and effort to get good and lasting results and it is important for the stylish to know the product well so that he or she will know how long the various chemicals should be left on your hair. Crimping with flat iron at higher than 180-degree Celsius will actually damage your hair. That is why it is important to choose a reliable salon to carry out hair rebonding since some unreliable salons may damage your tresses by using too much heat during crimping. Fried hair? No thanks!

In fact hair rebonding is very popular with Thai for its neatness and easy management. For me, rebonding makes me look good and I don't really have to take care of my hair. I can just comb it with my fingers when I wake up in the morning. I am really happy with the results. And best of all, I can enjoy this feeling and convenience for up to 6months or more.

Thanks for that,those prices seem crazy though.Twice as much as the UK?

Anyway,ill let my..sister know.

Cheers

Is still much cheaper comparing to UK unless you are referring to just hair straightening (temporary only) and not rebonding. If I'm not wrong in UK will cost you around 150 sterling pound, which is almost 10,000 bahts. I only paid around 2,000+ bahts.

:o errr is rebonding when they make your hair curly again??? I'm sorry ,but i really don't know much about this stuff.

I got my hair straightened ('permanatly') and it cost £46 .They said it would stay straight for 6 months.

£46 is only slightly above 3,000THB, that was cheap. Maybe your sister might want to check out the price based on her hair length before any commitment. As price depends a lot not only your hair length but your hair character, as I've came across stylish rejecting certain hair character even customer is willing to pay.

Hair straighteners: Sometimes called "flat irons" and they offer adjustable options. There are styles to treat short hair, long hair, fine hair and thick hair. The main drawback of hair straighteners is that all varieties can damage hair. It is best not to straighten hair on a daily basis. People who use hair straighteners should also use heat treatment products and condition their hair regularly. The steam option may not be the best choice for people with extremely curly hair or hair that tends to frizz under humid conditions. The steam may cause more frizz and keep the hair from being properly straightened. The steam option works best for people whose hair is already fairly straight.

Japanese Hair Straightening: In a nutshell, it is a fairly revolutionary way for people with troublesome curly hair to have straight hair. Japanese Hair Straightening is designed primarily for Caucasian hair. If your hair already has a relaxer in it, you will not be able to use this process. The two services are very incompatible and can have very negative results including breakage and fall out.

Rebonding: The hottest new thing to hit the hair scene. Demand for this is so great nowadays. Rebonding takes out the kinks that get in the way of dead-straight hair. With rebonding hair stays straight even after shampoo. Straight hair achieved through crimping disappears the minute you wash it. Rebonding also frees you to colour, bleach or whatever, as early as a week after the process - unlike straight perms, which would have damaged your hair had you opted for any further process, like streaking. Rebonding is the answer if you want to straighten the natural waves in your hair. Each hair type is different - it waves and fall differently, so the way the rebonding 's done and the time taken varies according to the hair character.

The perming process: The hair is first washed and then wound on to some kind of former, such as a curler or a rod. The perm lotion is applied to the hair. Because the lotion is alkaline (pH about 9) the scales of the cuticle open slightly, allowing the lotion to flow under the cuticle and into the cortex. Here it reacts with the keratin of the cortex, breaking some of the disulphide cross-links within and between the protein chains. The hair swells and 'softens', so that it can stretch to take up the shape of the formers.

Hope it helps!