Toyota C-HR HV Hi hybrid

Hummin

2 hours ago, br12stol said:

I had a test drive in CHR Hybrid Hi spec nice smooth ride, but was definitely lacking in power. sales guy said the ordinary 1.8 non hybrid was a much better drive.

The top benzene model doesn't come with all the safety features of the hybrid.....unfortunately.

28 minutes ago, kokesaat said:

The top benzene model doesn't come with all the safety features of the hybrid.....unfortunately.

I had to ask myselves if I need more power, and the answer is no! As simple as that. The care have enough power for local driving as for long distance. Im not going to pull any boat or caravan around in Thailand. Just me and my gf, and sometime her parants. 

So conclusion good enough and quite a high tech safe and  cheap car to buy and and operating costs. Im not sure you can say operating costs in english due to service, maintenance, and fuel effecient. 

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

I had to ask myselves if I need more power, and the answer is no! As simple as that. The care have enough power for local driving as for long distance. Im not going to pull any boat or caravan around in Thailand. Just me and my gf, and sometime her parants. 

I'm retired, so no need to drive fast or peel rubber.  More likely I would squeeze every last drop out of battery drive just for grins.  I'm curious whether there's a similarly priced car out there (1.2 mil-ish) with equivalent safety features.  A 5 year warranty and a 10 year battery warranty are big pluses as well.

2 hours ago, kokesaat said:

I'm retired, so no need to drive fast or peel rubber.  More likely I would squeeze every last drop out of battery drive just for grins.  I'm curious whether there's a similarly priced car out there (1.2 mil-ish) with equivalent safety features.  A 5 year warranty and a 10 year battery warranty are big pluses as well.

Nissan Juke is soon on the marked with a hybrid, and in couple of years they would be chargeable most of the new hybrids in Thailand to. 

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/nissan/juke/92856/new-2018-nissan-juke-engines-exclusive-pics-and-details

Honda CR-V

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/honda/cr-v/102781/new-2018-honda-cr-v-arrives-in-europe-with-hybrid-tech

Honda Accord is to expensive for my taste

Edited by Hummin

4 minutes ago, mogandave said:

You should see a good benefit from the. Hybrid on the highway, but in traffic with the AC on maybe not so much.

Ten year warranty on the batteries is great, particularly if it is transferable.

Hybrids should be of more benefit in stop go traffic where they can recover energy from deceleration.  Hybrids should not have as much advantage for Highway cruising.   

52 minutes ago, mogandave said:

You should see a good benefit from the. Hybrid on the highway, but in traffic with the AC on maybe not so much.

Ten year warranty on the batteries is great, particularly if it is transferable.

When the car is covered with high efficiency solar cells you will see, and of course a small thorium reactor as well. Maybe just a thorium reactor? 

Anyway, they told me it is just 50 000,- for a new battery when you exchange for a new. That is not to bad price estimate I think? 

Hybrids should be of more benefit in stop go traffic where they can recover energy from deceleration.  Hybrids should not have as much advantage for Highway cruising.   

Creeping along in traffic with the AC on?

When the car is covered with high efficiency solar cells you will see, and of course a small thorium reactor as well. Maybe just a thorium reactor? 

Anyway, they told me it is just 50 000,- for a new battery when you exchange for a new. That is not to bad price estimate I think? 

Yes, 50k is a great price for the battery

On 5/18/2018 at 4:36 AM, bizader said:

I watched a couple of reviews on youtube that claim that the chr has a noisy cabin than the HRV. anyone who test drove the car can confirm this?

So you'd basically have your windows open.  HRV and the rest have a lot of cabin noise.

I have noticed some in the older Fortuner surprisingly noisy, but it as much as the tires, the road and so on as well. I did not notice any noise during my testdrive that was annoying, and I usealy notice noise if it is.