Arriving Thailand on 30 day visa exempt

If he is 50 or over he can apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry and then during the last 30 day of that entry he can apply for a one year extension of stay.

Requirements are here for the visa application. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_80

If he is drawing getting a old age pension the UK he could apply for a single entry non-o visa at the Thai embassy in London.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

So, perhaps within the last fortnight of his 30 day visa exempt..he goes and applys for a 90 day non immigrant O visa..then within the last month of that..applys for extension of stay on retirement grounds?

He has to have 15 day remaining on the 30 day visa exempt entry or the 30 day extension of it. IMO it would be better for him to get a single entry tourist visa so he would have plenty of time to do it and would not have to worry about needing a onward ticket within 30 days to board his flight to here.

For some that have had the 800k baht for a while their could be a problem getting the proof that it came from abroad form the bank to apply for the visa.

• Like 1

He has to have 15 day remaining on the 30 day visa exempt entry or the 30 day extension of it. IMO it would be better for him to get a single entry tourist visa so he would have plenty of time to do it and would not have to worry about needing a onward ticket within 30 days to board his flight to here.
For some that have had the 800k baht for a while their could be a problem getting the proof that it came from abroad form the bank to apply for the visa.
Once again Joe..MANY THANKS SIR

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

14 minutes ago, Wang Lalker said:

does it absolutely need to be all in baht?
could the 800000 be made up of baht in different thai accounts plus foreign currency account held at a thai bank ?

Most immigration offices will accept the funds being in a foreign currency account at a Thai bank.

thanks ubonjoe
but still not clear, does the 800000 require seasoning?
if i transfer the money in from outside the country then arrive on a visa exempt 30 day then apply for the first 90 extension how long has the money got to be in thailand before i can apply the first 90 extension?

5 minutes ago, Wang Lalker said:

if i transfer the money in from outside the country then arrive on a visa exempt 30 day then apply for the first 90 extension how long has the money got to be in thailand before i can apply the first 90 extension?

There is no 90 day extension. You get a new 90 day entry when you apply for the non immigrant visa.

The equivalent of 800k baht only has to be in the bank on the date you apply for the visa but you have to have a letter from the bank confirming  it came from abroad.

On the date you apply for the one year extension it has to be in the bank for 60 days.