Weed's common name?

Apologies up front for such a newbie's question...what's the common used term for this weed/grass pls (pic attached)? Have done some searching; cleaning up my wife's abandoned prawn farm (big machines make a lot of sense lol) thanks in anticipation, cheers, TM

NOKIA 2018 252.jpg

IMG_0754.JPG

No idea, I only visited the thread to check is wasn't a different kind of "weed" being referenced :smile:

But yes, so photos of it alive and close up, preferably with flowers will give some clues.

Not the clearest  of photos but we,the misses and me say it is Yar-Con in Thai ,or Para Grass ,would be right if it was an old prawn farm ,this grass likes water .

A resilient grass ,but that 360 back hoe should fetal it ,but some might come back when the rains come. 

On ‎1‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 9:23 PM, kickstart said:

Not the clearest  of photos but we,the misses and me say it is Yar-Con in Thai ,or Para Grass ,would be right if it was an old prawn farm ,this grass likes water .

A resilient grass ,but that 360 back hoe should fetal it ,but some might come back when the rains come. 

[OP reply] thanks Kickstart...yes, right on the money...Para Grass, cheers...

"Introduction. Brachiaria mutica, also known as Urochloa mutica, is an invasive grass species native to Africa. In its native lands, Brachiaria is cultivated as a forage grass and was brought to the U.S for this purpose. In areas where para grass is not grazed on by cattle, it has become a serious weed."

anyway, we got bigger problems now we have cleared the grass as a local has thrown up a fence around the plot and is arguing that she has squatter's rights to the land cos my wife left it untended for a while. I should have left the grass alone and fenced/gated the block first and put up some BIG ownership signs before getting the back hoe in but there you go...I didn't know the backstory from my wife about the problems she has had with this old woman over the last few years. such is life. appreciate your help but, TM

Archived