Stray dog in Udon Thani park shot through with arrow

rooster59

Stray dog in Udon Thani park shot through with arrow

By The Nation

08f74fdf25bdb0ee85832267b4b2dd36-sld.jpeg

A stray dog living in a public park in Udon Thani was seen with an arrow piercing through its left eyebrow and down through its face on Friday morning.

A Facebook user with the account name of Napassorn JowYing Hodges posted a video clip and photos of the dog on her Facebook wall on Saturday morning.

She said an attacker had definitely intentionally attacked the dog, which has been living on handouts of food scraps in Nong Tako Park behind the Senee border patrol police base in Udon Thani’s Muang district.

She said she asked officials of the Livestock Development Office in Udon Thani to help, but they had failed to capture the dog in the morning as it ran and hid in a nearby forest.

She recounted on her Facebook wall that officials came back in the evening to again try to capture the dog, called Daeng, with a tranquilizer shot but the mission again failed. The officials tried until late into the night before aborting the mission

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30342181

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-03-31
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, kokopelli said:

Yet people are clamoring for "culling" the dog population in Thailand!

Granted there is a serious problem with over population, but neither dumping one's pet at the local  wat nor poisoning is any solution unless one is a hapless, selfish moron. Spaying and neutering is one easy way to help reduce the problem. My three former strays (all spayed) approve of this post.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpicyMeatball said:

Wait for it. Waaaaaait for it.

Here come the dog-(term)inators whitty comments displaying their humane compassion & suggestions. They are soooo predictable. 

As are those who offer zilch.

7 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

The first rule of hunting animals is Kill it with the first shot......whoever shot this dog has no idea hot hard a dogs skull is.   Should have went for a heart shot.:coffee1:

Don't condone sheer stupidity as this sadistic idiot should not have done it in the first place. Hope he sees jail time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lifeincnx said:

Don't condone sheer stupidity as this sadistic idiot should not have done it in the first place. Hope he sees jail time.

Not condoning, just saying........could have been an underlying reason, retaliation for a child that was bitten by the dog, or the shooter itself bitten and authorities wouldn't do anything about it cause 'there was no tea money offered'  or it could have been what you say, a sadistic idiot, if that is the case, then an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth.  We have people all over the earth on both sides of the fence, opinions are just that, none are right or wrong...........I am not a sadist toward soi dogs, we are the problem and there is indeed a need for a culling of the herd, and start all over again with a clear program for spaying and neutering to keep the soi dogs under control.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Not condoning, just saying........could have been an underlying reason, retaliation for a child that was bitten by the dog, or the shooter itself bitten and authorities wouldn't do anything about it cause 'there was no tea money offered'  or it could have been what you say, a sadistic idiot, if that is the case, then an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth.  We have people all over the earth on both sides of the fence, opinions are just that, none are right or wrong...........I am not a sadist toward soi dogs, we are the problem and there is indeed a need for a culling of the herd, and start all over again with a clear program for spaying and neutering to keep the soi dogs under control.

Thanx for the 'Thank You'................I am just wondering how many people listen to me when I say:   "We Are The Problem!!, as well as The Solution"  get off our high horses or soap boxes and "DO Something"  wild dogs in Thailand are a health hazard, as well as a dangerous human entity.  I have lived in the USA, Hawaii, Africa, Europe, and Asia and have never seen a country as small as Thailand with such a large suburban wild animal catastrophe as Thailand  -  and I have lived here on and off since 1972!!  How did we get to this point??  I would venture a guess that most of the Pro-Wild dogs arena are from Western Europe..........where they have the money and the means to take care of the problem  -  remember the Germans used to destroy all the German Shepard puppies that failed the new born hips X-Ray tests???  Back in the eighties, that was a mandatory test before you could register a dog.............I was there..........so I think now, they are feeling guilty and rally for the Soi Dog's.

Myself, I'd rather shoot them all and neuter and spay the puppies............four or five years problem solved.

Edited by TunnelRat69

7 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Thanx for the 'Thank You'................I am just wondering how many people listen to me when I say:   "We Are The Problem!!, as well as The Solution"  get off our high horses or soap boxes and "DO Something"  wild dogs in Thailand are a health hazard, as well as a dangerous human entity.  I have lived in the USA, Hawaii, Africa, Europe, and Asia and have never seen a country as small as Thailand with such a large suburban wild animal catastrophe as Thailand  -  and I have lived here on and off since 1972!! 

How did we get to this point??  I would venture a guess that most of the Pro-Wild dogs arena are from Western Europe..........where they have the money and the means to take care of the problem  -  remember the Germans used to destroy all the German Shepard puppies that failed the new born hips X-Ray tests???  Back in the eighties, that was a mandatory test before you could register a dog.............I was there..........so I think now, they are feeling guilty and rally for the Soi Dog's.

Myself, I'd rather shoot them all and neuter and spay the puppies............four or five years problem solved.

You say you have been to Europe. You overlooked the packs of street dogs in Romania.  A lot worse then what I have ever seen in Thailand.

There are many countries in Europe with large a street dog population. Travel with open eyes next time.