April 2, 20188 yr My Nissan Almera, 5 years old, 126 000 Km, has never given me a moment's worry. Recently: both clocks in the car resetting themselves randomly a few times. Last week the ignition was completely unresponsive when I tried to start. Subsequently it worked. Why worry about something that ain't broke you may say. Well our annual holidays are coming up and I don't want to find myself in Chiang Mai with a car that doesn't start. What kind of a checkup can I get done? I definitely won't go to a Nissan p;ace for this, they couldn't even clean the air con. last time I asked. B-Quick? Car electrician? Or do I have to wait until it breaks?
April 2, 20188 yr Go to a battery shop. Just look for shops with GS sign or lots of batteries . They will test your battery for you and if necessary fit a new one. General opinion seems to be if in doubt buy a Panasonic battery.
April 2, 20188 yr B/Quick don't do anything electric. Their fully trained staff only know how to change oil.
April 2, 20188 yr 40 minutes ago, fredob43 said: B/Quick don't do anything electric. Their fully trained staff only know how to change oil. That is complete misinformation....
April 2, 20188 yr 30 minutes ago, transam said: That is complete misinformation.... Every Service outlet has a pecking order, from Oils Changers to Diagnostic,and Suspension chaps etc. As do BQ. Every main dealers do , with perhaps upcountry Ford Dealers being the n, who seem to employ a Postman on Saturdays.
April 2, 20188 yr 3 hours ago, cooked said: Car electrician? As others wrote, best idea to find a specialist repair shop. From your profile I assume you are in the Buriram area now? Maybe someone can hint.
April 2, 20188 yr As has been stated it could just be the battery...When you can actually start the engine when cold, does it crank over strong or struggle a bit....?
April 2, 20188 yr 3 hours ago, fredob43 said: B/Quick don't do anything electric. Their fully trained staff only know how to change oil. Seems I got it wrong yet again. They cant do a basic job like change an Alternator, but you can go there with impunity and get a full electronic diagnostic check. The mind boggles. Edited April 2, 20188 yr by fredob43
April 2, 20188 yr 27 minutes ago, fredob43 said: Seems I got it wrong yet again. They cant do a basic job like change an Alternator, but you can go there with impunity and get a full electronic diagnostic check. The mind boggles. Yes, as usual you got it totally wrong again...
April 2, 20188 yr 51 minutes ago, transam said: Yes, as usual you got it totally wrong again... Office Boys sensually do.!!
April 2, 20188 yr Just now, HAKAPALITA said: Office Boys sensually do.!! And Non Office Boys cant spell.
April 2, 20188 yr Agree, not an electrical problem, just the battery getting old, if you have had the same battery for 5 years you have done well! If it is more then 2 years old just get it replaced at a local battery shop. I use a GS battery, not expensive and works fine
April 2, 20188 yr Author Agree, not an electrical problem, just the battery getting old, if you have had the same battery for 5 years you have done well! If it is more then 2 years old just get it replaced at a local battery shop. I use a GS battery, not expensive and works fineThanks (everyone).The battery is one year old so I'll head for B Quick for a checkup, including battery.Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
April 2, 20188 yr 11 hours ago, cooked said: Thanks (everyone). The battery is one year old so I'll head for B Quick for a checkup, including battery. Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app I hope you did the basic check on battery terminals and connection. If your last replacement was done on a Friday they may be loose or have worked loose. I once got my truck back from the garage and it was obvious the battery had just been dropped into the tray and connectors pushed over the terminals, and they guy then went away and forgot! Edited April 2, 20188 yr by jacko45k
April 3, 20188 yr 10 hours ago, johng said: Before condemning the battery get the alternator (die charge) output checked. agree, battery should last more than 1 year, unless it is a really cheap brand, maybe check alternator, and battery terminals etc
Create an account or sign in to comment