DPM Prawit bares all about the wristwatch controversy

webfact

6 hours ago, lanista said:

OK then!  Prawit is confessing that he conspired with a friend to help him evade taxes.  And these guys call themselves lawmakers???

"OK then!  Prawit is confessing that he conspired with a friend to help him evade taxes".

Jesus, how did reach that banal conclusion?

His claim that another person, who he has now named, owned the watches can be verified for some of the watches, when you purchase an expensive watch then the dealer will register you as owning that watch, assuming it was purchased new.

If any of the watches have ever been serviced, again the details are registered and could be easily checked.

Personally I don't believe one word of what he has said is true regarding some dead guy owned them and then loaned them to Prawit.

Watch collectors are normally very possessive of their watches, especially one that collected up to 300 valuable and rare watches.

I own 4 reasonably high end watches and there is no way in hell that I would let anybody borrow them, not a chance.

Just putting a scratch on the Richard Mille for example would cost a lot of money to put right.

Plus, the deceased must have made a will, which would have included the watch collection in its entirety and the executors of that will have a duty to ensure that all of the assets in the will are accounted for, probate would not clear until such time, I can't see the relatives forgetting about the 'borrowed' watches worth several millions of Baht, not to mention the revenue department, who would be owed additional inheritance tax on this part of the estate, considering the estate would be well over the 100m Baht threshold.

The believers say it is over, move on and let him do his job, the question is though, how can he be trusted to do his job?

Most educated Thai's I know don't believe him about this, nor do they believe in him.

13 hours ago, Thian said:

Why would he lie if he borrowed it?

And how do you know he can't fight a battle? Which battle are you talking about?

If i were him, i would let my man pick you up for some attitude adjustment...what you're doing is not allowed in thailand.

Why is it not allowed to have an opinion? Are you telling me that the only thing I can think is what the junta tells me I can think? Don't you think that is quite odd for a government to be telling its citizens?

• Like 2

Oh boy, the Toads lips are moving. Bet his claims will break down under scrutiny. It is always easy to make claims when the others involved are no longer with the living. Wonder if there will be any work done to verify when the wristwatches were purchased. They all have serial numbers and often are registered for warranty purposes.

• Like 1

On 04/04/2018 at 1:47 AM, Thian said:

Why would he lie if he borrowed it?

And how do you know he can't fight a battle? Which battle are you talking about?

If i were him, i would let my man pick you up for some attitude adjustment...what you're doing is not allowed in thailand.

If he borrowed them, why didn't he state that months ago?

I'm confused...are you against corruption or do you think only some people should be allowed to be corrupt?

Perhaps stephen tracy isn't in Thailand. 

None of us likely have a dog in this fight, but all of us know that this story seems unlikely.

"You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...