Do Thais need visa for Bali

Not long ago, I read that unmarried parties could not share rooms at a hotel in Indonesia. I would like to take my Thai lady friend to Bali. Will I have trouble sharing a room with her? When searching the internet, I see that the question was raised by TripAdvisor in 2014, but no clear answer was given.

She (Thai girl) don't need a visa but you do if you're not from most Asian countries. On arrival you will go one visa line while she will go thru a different 'no visa required' line...... But you both exit the room by the same one door so you can pair-up again......... 

I'v never heard anything about not sharing rooms in Bali........ I've had a number of unmarried friends go and no problem as with my trip with a long time Thai Lady Friend....

We stayed at an upscale (Westin) Hotel in Nusa Dua with no concerns.........

12 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

She (Thai girl) don't need a visa but you do if you're not from most Asian countries. On arrival you will go one visa line while she will go thru a different 'no visa required' line...... But you both exit the room by the same one door so you can pair-up again......... 

I'v never heard anything about not sharing rooms in Bali........ I've had a number of unmarried friends go and no problem as with my trip with a long time Thai Lady Friend....

We stayed at an upscale (Westin) Hotel in Nusa Dua with no concerns.........

There are 140 countries that do not need a visa to enter Indonesia, 30 days for a tourist are given on arrival. Most European, USA and Australia are on that list.

Archived