Drugged and robbed last night in Chiang Mai

jbob

20 hours ago, InMyShadow said:

It's highly unlikely you were drugged.
You don't have casual sleep and wake up a bit groggy. You would have been completely out of it for 24 hours at least.

Lucky your no female as they are known to blame the last person they saw with rape as well.

Get over it and take a break from getting smashed.

Brilliant assessment Sherlock. We can all go safely to sleep at night now with the knowledge you've got everything sussed -  Goodnight .......... :post-4641-1156694572:

21 hours ago, InMyShadow said:

It's highly unlikely you were drugged.
You don't have casual sleep and wake up a bit groggy. You would have been completely out of it for 24 hours at least.

People metabolize drugs differently. One person can take a mediation and have no effect at all, such as a ultra rapid metabolizer, were it will pass through your system before you can get any effects.  Then you have enzymes that come into play, etc.  Several factors come into play when processing chemicals.  

6 hours ago, HerbalEd said:

Nothing I can think of gives perfect memory loss

Happened to me once with alcohol. I was with friends and was definitely not drugged, but the evening was a complete blank for me, though my friends had (of course) taken lots of photos, and were eager to tell me about all the crazy stuff that happened.

For your story, it does sounds like the more plausible explanation is that you simply got too drunk and a tuk-tuk driver persuaded you to go to this karaoke place (who ripped you off).

Did you contact Sound Up and told them your story? It seems that if the customer acquisition strategy of this karaoke place is to drug solo drinkers at Sound Up, you wouldn’t be the first.

Though the last 3 photos you posted does seem rather suspect; almost like a comical attempt of planting evidence that you were there having a good time, yet the photos are rather different from what I would imagine to come out of a night at a karaoke bar.

And if all you were left with was these photos and the bar bill, then that does seem odd.

But about your phone, you say it was found in the bushes. Did you find it? And does the phone have any value? Because the number one crime I’ve experienced here, is phones getting stolen, so somewhat surprised yours was not, if these people were indeed criminals.

For the photos on your phone, were there more than just the 3 you posted?

Edited by lkn
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, HLover said:
23 hours ago, jbob said:

coerced into a bad karaoke bar that I knew was bad

Is there really a 'good' one?

Maybe it was a good one. They added 1x300 baht room to his bar tab, so he probably had sex too - which was likely the un-named 1200 baht at the bottom of his tab. Maybe he was drinking all the waters in the room.

Edited by tropo
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, wazzupnow said:

i do not know wabers, and i live there 

by the way the bill was only 7247 bht,

that is not such a big rip off is it??

only thing bad is he does not remember wich pleasures he got for it :saai:

The bill tells the story. 1x room = 300 baht, 1x lady = 1200 baht LOL

4 hours ago, robblok said:

People who are talking here about GHB.. how many of you have actually used it yourself ever ?

I have, i know its effects and i know its salty taste. Yes it can knock you out.. (no hangovers though) but unless your real drunk already your going to taste it in your drink. I tried everything to hide the tast (for myself), nothing really worked. Now if i only smell it I have to throw up. I liked it when younger as it gave a nice buzz and was real cheap (as you could make it yourself)

What i heard and have seen is that often crushed  (because a normal tablet would show in your drink) Xanax is used, that is tasteless and will make you real sleepy. It will make you drunk faster and worse then ever. 

Roofies.. no idea never used it

But it all sounds so elaborate drugging someone.. better explanation is normally that someone just got real drunk. 

Absolutely. Nothing hides that oily, salty taste. I wasn’t aware of its availability in Thailand, interesting. 

At a guess there’d be a large amount of psychoactive substances getting around South East Asia so probably had to pin point in particular

3 hours ago, ericthai said:

People metabolize drugs differently. One person can take a mediation and have no effect at all, such as a ultra rapid metabolizer, were it will pass through your system before you can get any effects.  Then you have enzymes that come into play, etc.  Several factors come into play when processing chemicals.  

I concur. When my dear old mum was prescribed Oxycodone after surgery she hallucinated quite badly to the point of flushing the medication down the toilet out of fear.

Yet I take a reasonably heavy dose of Oxy daily and never have, or have had, any issues beyond napping a little more than usual. 

• Like 1

I don't have the stamina to read every post on this thread, but, to me, the lack of information about how you recovered your phone throws a red flag on the  playing field.

in any case, best wishes ...

~o:37;

My money is still on a benzo of some kind. GHB is not common and is more of a date rape drug because people pass out thus rape. Did it in Utah one time, pretty sure I lost a few years off my life 555. 

One time in pattaya (lived for 2 years) took 20mg valium then had a beer which turned into 2 at LK metro waiting for a restaurant to open. By the time I walked outside the world was spinning like I just drank 10 beers, went home (very close) and slept like 10 hours. Never did that again

3 local police detectives drove me to the find my android location. Used my spare iPhone with an AIS prepaid I bought on the way at Maya. Really cool guys. Curious there were no faces in the photos only shoes and fat leg tattoos. Didn't find them til later that night taken at 4am

Screenshot_20180406-060728.jpg

22 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Wabers = Water at 70 Baht per bottle...

Steep service charge at 1200 baht... 

This looks like a well-padded bill. 

Seems the Op gets roofied at the night-club, then gets taken (or simply goes of his own accord) to a Karaoke Bar where he has a good time buying everyone drinks and ran out of money...  walked home, fell over the on the way... Woke up sore.

(1* review issue is likely unrelated unless the Op is known to the owners)

That's my TV-CSI for the day!

Thank you, Sherlock.

On 4/5/2018 at 12:56 AM, jbob said:

I experience no hangover and vaguely remember crying hysterically, what did they give me?

You quite like one of the girls working there , maybe shes an ex or you would like her to be your current ?

You got drunk and went to see her , you paid for a sexual encounter with her.

She then said, "thanks,

You didnt get robbed , nothing got stolen .

You had an expensive , but not unreasonably expensive night out .

Karaoke places are not cheap , everyone knows that .

You paid for what you consumed , nothing got stolen .

You have admitted previously drugging yourself and drinking .

You have been to this karaoke previously and even given it a bad reveiw

Is it just a coincidence that you got taken to the same karaoke place again?

Do you have any connection with any of the girls working there ?

Heres a possibility :

bye and dont contact me again"

You were heart broken and to stop anyone else from seeing her , you make up a false accusation about being drugged and robbed , so that no one else will go there ?

2 months ago I was looking at condos with 200mbps and The Shine was the only one in the Chang Khlan area according to Sinet Pantip. It looked like there was a nightclub across the road so I googled it and discovered it was a notorious tourist trap karaoke setup almost every travel blog warns you about so without setting foot in the place posted a 1* review too (2 months ago for those that missed it). Only time I have ever done that and not a forgettable event. Plus I never karaoke, ever.

Its not that big a deal and more a shock to the system like a motorbike accident. 

Didn't loose passport, credit/debit cards, motorbike keys. Only my 1000s, 500s, 100s, most of my 20s, $5 panasonic headphones, 50b sunglasses from mae sai, and a sachet of kamagra (they left the condom) and 1 silicon earplug in its container. Oh and my phone but the police helped me find that.

I would love to watch the CCTV from Sound Up. Bit of trimming, some funny commentary and some boioioioing sound effect and it could be the next thai social media viral video sensation :P

checked your atm statements yet?

would be my first port of call, certainly before reporting it here.

I once got done on sukhumvit soi 11, years ago.

dinner with friends, one beer at a VW van bar on way home before early flight.

woke up 10 hours after flight left at home with 1000 usd missing - i always travel with cash on hand in case of ATM issues.

I have no recollection whatsoever. nothing at my house was missing other than the cash i had prepared for travel. whover came back to the house with me locked the door on their way out.

33 minutes ago, jbob said:

2 months ago I was looking at condos with 200mbps and The Shine was the only one in the Chang Khlan area according to Sinet Pantip. It looked like there was a nightclub across the road so I googled it and discovered it was a notorious tourist trap karaoke setup almost every travel blog warns you about so without setting foot in the place posted a 1* review too (2 months ago for those that missed it). Only time I have ever done that and not a forgettable event. Plus I never karaoke, ever.

You left a review of an establishment which you had never been inside, based on other peoples reviews ?

And , coincidentally , a tuktuk driver took you to the very same place two months later ?

That seems rather far fetched .

Have you had any dealings previously with the ladies inside the place ?

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You left a review of an establishment which you had never been inside, based on other peoples reviews ?

And , coincidentally , a tuktuk driver took you to the very same place two months later ?

That seems rather far fetched .

Have you had any dealings previously with the ladies inside the place ?

The whole story seems far fetched. 

It is interesting to me that the OP has not answered my points at my post 45 where I point out some major inconsistencies in his apparent fairy tale.

It smacks to me of a good night out in which an over indulgence was taken and is now being blamed on "outside influences"!

Could the tale have be concocted to use as an excuse to the wife/partner to cover the evening's events?

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, jbob said:

When you posted up your 1* review of the establishment , was it an honest review , did you state that you didnt actually go into the place ? or did you make up some story about going in there ?

Did you lie on your review ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/5/2018 at 12:29 PM, Mansell said:

I would like to see some factual evidence on the missing kidney. Everything I have read including police reports say this kidney removal thing is an urban myth. The removal would need to be done by a surgeon and follow up medical care would be needed. According to what you said he was found a week later by a park.....why would they take a kidney from an older person.....probably pretty useless?

My ex wife had a co-worker whose friend had a cousin who said.......

1 hour ago, jbob said:

Its not that big a deal and more a shock to the system like a motorbike accident. 

Didn't loose passport, credit/debit cards, motorbike keys. Only my 1000s, 500s, 100s, most of my 20s, $5 panasonic headphones, 50b sunglasses from mae sai, and a sachet of kamagra (they left the condom) and 1 silicon earplug in its container. Oh and my phone but the police helped me find that.

I would love to watch the CCTV from Sound Up. Bit of trimming, some funny commentary and some boioioioing sound effect and it could be the next thai social media viral video sensation :P

Leaving a negative review of a place you've never been is an a$$ of a thing to do.

I think your story is 100% bunk and you just like weaving tales, like you're practicing to be a paperback writer.

If not someone spinning a yarn, you're an idiot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/5/2018 at 12:29 PM, Mansell said:

would like to see some factual evidence on the missing kidney. Everything I have read including police reports say this kidney removal thing is an urban myth.

'Tis a proven fact that many  a night-errant lad hereabouts, ensorcelled by local sirens, and/or chemically modified by said sirens or their devlish accomplices,  has  perchance peripateticked into the weekly organ-transplant bingo games run by the Sisters of Saint Surplus ... then woke up somewhere heretofore unknown minus a kidney, or, lucky winner, up a spleen.

~o:37;

p.s. if we're gonna make a myth, let's do it up.

3 hours ago, duanebigsby said:

I think your story is 100% bunk and you just like weaving tales, like you're practicing to be a paperback writer.

If not someone spinning a yarn, you're an idiot.

There was some issues last year on CM FB groups and also I seem to recall there was a thread about it on here .

A lovestruck felang guy was stalking a loi Kroh bargirl , seems that he got loved up with her and she took him for a ride and tried to make him buy her some land, with the promise of marriage, or something.

He found out that she had numerous boyfreinds and to take revenge , he made websites about her, gave her workplace, home address and telephone number and various other things and kept making fake FB names to harass her over the course of a few months.

She called the Police and that was the last I heard of it .

I wonder whether She now works in that karaoke place and whether he tried to rent an apartment opposite ?

I wonder whether its the same guy or not ?

• Like 1

One day I go to karaoke and ordered 200 grams of whiskey. I woke up in the morning. On the couch. In the karaoke. I did not have my phone for 30,000 and there were no car keys. There was no car near karaoke entry. To the question: "Where are my things?" karaoke employees told me - "Dude, how do we know? You also owe us 25,000 for a bar, for touching our girls for an ass, etc."

When I said that I called the police, my phone was immediately brought to me, another 10 minutes at the entrance there was my car with the keys, and price was reduced to 5000.

Go to the police and <deleted> this karaoke. If, of course, you do not just lie to us, and you really really love water (15 bottles per night) and coca cola (13 bottles per night, but OK, even Santa love it)