Pattaya cheapest pharmacy ? Do you know any ? Prices can vary a lot...

grkt

hello,

Can you tell me what is for you the cheapest drugstore around Pattaya ?

Some pharmacies sell medicine at double price compared to others in Bangkok, but I do not know in Pattaya.

Thanks.

I get most of my medicine from Fascino on Pattaya North Road. My recommendation is to buy your medicine from a shop that uses air conditioning at least most the day and evening, as room temperature in Thailand is too hot for optimum storage of most medicines. You also want to get your medicine from a shop that has a decent turnover. Check expiry dates! 

Fascino has always been cheapest for me, and I did a lot of checking at one time. All their branches charge the same prices, and all honour their free discount card which usually gets you around 5% off. Medicines usually cost less by the box than by the strip there, so buy in quantity when practical.

Apparently there are places in Bangkok that are a bit cheaper and who will post things to you here, but that would only seem worthwhile for very expensive medicines.

3 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Fascino has always been cheapest for me, and I did a lot of checking at one time. All their branches charge the same prices, and all honour their free discount card which usually gets you around 5% off.  //

I vote for Fascino too, but no all don't charge the same price. I observed higher prices at the small Fascino near my condo on South Road, and mainly at the Fascino just near Bangkok Pattaya Hospital !

So I try to use mainly the big Fascino on North Road. I have their card of course, but the discount is very variable depending on products. Can be 1-2% on some, and 10-15% on others. Any discount is good anyway. :wink:

I vote for Fascino too, but no all don't charge the same price. I observed higher prices at the small Fascino near my condo on South Road, and mainly at the Fascino just near Bangkok Pattaya Hospital ! ....... the discount is very variable depending on products. Can be 1-2% on some, and 10-15% on others.

That's interesting. I've only ever used three of their branches here and I get my supplies (very common drugs for high BP, and statins) for several months in advance, so I've never noticed any price differences. The only time I compared two receipts the prices were identical, and I always get the same discount but again that may be because I only ever buy the same things. I will keep an eye on it if I ever need to buy anything different.

Mostly I tend to use the North Road branch as it has plenty of parking and lots of stock, even if it does involve me driving a bit further.

4 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

So I try to use mainly the big Fascino on North Road. I have their card of course, but the discount is very variable depending on products. Can be 1-2% on some, and 10-15% on others. Any discount is good anyway. :wink:

A zero discount on some items as I discovered earlier this week.

There is a new pharmacy that recently open, Top Pharmacy, located on Pattaya Tai  near the corner with Second road almost next to the Turkish swarma stand.  The couple of items that I priced were cheaper then at Fascino.      

If the OP is looking for a good local pharmacy I would also recommend Tops Pharmacy opposite VC Hotel near Soi 16 Walking Street. It's directly opposite McDonald's. They have good English speakers on hand and they do very good prices.

6 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Fascino has always been cheapest for me, and I did a lot of checking at one time. All their branches charge the same prices, and all honour their free discount card which usually gets you around 5% off. Medicines usually cost less by the box than by the strip there, so buy in quantity when practical.

Apparently there are places in Bangkok that are a bit cheaper and who will post things to you here, but that would only seem worthwhile for very expensive medicines.

Yup, I got my discount card at Fascino Pattaya Tai and bought 100 BP pills in a box........but then I took my receipt to a local pharmacy nearer where I live and "gave them the opportunity" to supply my pills at Fascino prices. So now I pop in, tell them how many I want and they order them in... 

I came from Fascino ( north) this morning,  have been a member for years and is my first choice here in Pattaya.   When in Bangkok I get my drugs at several of my discount pharmacies on Rama 4. Today, purchased insulin (413 THB) and Travastan for glaucoma (749 THB) Vs 350 THB and 580 THB for my Bangkok pharmacies. Bangkok pharmacies are cash only but they do have a mail service; I use my cc at Fascino which is my preference.

15 hours ago, Caiman said:

I find prices vary even when returning to the same pharmacy.
I request a price and if cheap increase my order.

Prices definitely vary between the branches of Fascino.

I pointed it out to the Pharmacist in the Klang branch last week, who confirmed this was the case.

Hello

I buy all my medicine from the chemist1st floor of Big C Pattaya Tai (located just before the entrance of supermarket

When I compared 3 years ago with Fascino, he was still cheaper than Fascino.

Very professional, I order every month and 3 days later he has everything.. One month I forgot to place my order and rushed to the shop.. he already had ordered boxes of all my medicines as he had found out that I didn t come to order..

Have a nice day

14 hours ago, ThaiBob said:

I came from Fascino ( north) this morning,  have been a member for years and is my first choice here in Pattaya.   When in Bangkok I get my drugs at several of my discount pharmacies on Rama 4. Today, purchased insulin (413 THB) and Travastan for glaucoma (749 THB) Vs 350 THB and 580 THB for my Bangkok pharmacies. Bangkok pharmacies are cash only but they do have a mail service; I use my cc at Fascino which is my preference.

Indeed Fascino North Pattaya is best here,  S.C. Pharmacy on Rama 4 BKK bit cheaper, so have to buy in bigger quantums..Responds on email in English, and has mail delivery at 120 Thb extra cost 

Sounds like some of the posters are regular pharmacy shoppers, almost like a supermarket.  I avoid the pharmacies and hospitals at all costs as too many sick people around.  Don't even like touching the door handles.   Only go for first aid supplies and if absolutely medically necessary (subject to independent 3rd party verification and a second medical opinion).  Therefore the cheapest family style ones work for me.

22 hours ago, JohnC said:

Has anyone tried the pharmacy at Banglamung Hospital? 

Hospitals serve patients of doctors at that facility - they do not sell independently.  But yes a public hospital pharmacy would likely be a good price for medical supplies if being treated there - unlike a private hospital where price is most often greatly increased at their own pharmacy.

4 hours ago, tontraveller said:

Indeed Fascino North Pattaya is best here,  S.C. Pharmacy on Rama 4 BKK bit cheaper, so have to buy in bigger quantums..Responds on email in English, and has mail delivery at 120 Thb extra cost 

Thanks for the tip.

Theres a professional pharmacy on Theprasit Rd, diagonally accross from the petrol station.  They sell pharmacy supplies like wheel chairs, needles etc. Propecia at fascino pattaya north was 850, here only 595.  They are cheapest in pattaya compared to the commercial type in shopping centers.   I didnt order any meds so cannot comment if they dont have stock what they will do for you.

On 4/6/2018 at 7:54 PM, hyku1147 said:

I got   the   Fachino discount card.

Me too. I was surprised when I bought a bottle of sulfur soap (solution) the other day for 600 baht and there was no discount. I've never bought an item before with zero discount on the card. 5% is peanuts (as in pathetic) anyway, but now it's a discount card on "selected items" only.

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Issued free first time but 1,000 Baht to renew!!

What are you talking about ?? :unsure:

Never heard of anyone paying for that card, and certainly not for such an amount !!!

BTW there is no expiration date on my Fascino card, and I have it for years already.

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

What are you talking about ?? :unsure:

Never heard of anyone paying for that card, and certainly not for such an amount !!!

BTW there is no expiration date on my Fascino card, and I have it for years already.

There's an expiration date on mine and when it expired they asked for Baht 1,000 to renew it in North Pattaya Fascino.

I don't even spend that sort of money on medicine in a year!

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

There's an expiration date on mine and when it expired they asked for Baht 1,000 to renew it in North Pattaya Fascino.

I don't even spend that sort of money on medicine in a year!

I renewed my Fascino card several months ago at 100 baht not 1000. The discount is 5% but does not include many OTC items.

9 minutes ago, ThaiBob said:

I renewed my Fascino card several months ago at 100 baht not 1000. The discount is 5% but does not include many OTC items.

You're correct. I don't even remember the nominal charge but there is no way it is anything close to 1000 baht. I wonder how that other member got that idea. 

As far as cheapest price, that depends on the product. Fascino is always a good bet but sometimes P and F (Central Mall) is lower. 

Archived