How do i clean syringe between colors for printer

watcharacters

After a fair amount of searching for how to refill the Brothers Printer I have with the external cartridges,  I'm comfortable with that.    What the youtube  video I watched did  not address is how do I clean the syringe between use of  different colors.

Any  help or experience to assist?

TIA

Water, preferably warm, suck it up and blow it out until it runs clear.

It's advisable to use separate syringes per colour anyway. I have 7 for my 7 colour printer, just clean the lot after each reload.

Be prepared to look like you're a 50 a day smoker (yellow seems to show up most on the skin) until you've gotten some practice in not getting ink everywhere. And don't do the reload anywhere there's carpet. This is the voice of experience.

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

I have 7 for my 7 color printer, just clean the lot after each reload

:shock1:

I just have the regular 4 colors and use just one syringe for the job.

I start with the lightest color first, Yellow then the Magenta/Red then the Cyan/Blue and finally the Black.

There is too little left in the syringe after each color it has no effect on the next darker color.

Finally dismantle the syringe and rinse the under the tap - Job done. 

:thumbsup:

Thank you gentlemen for the info.     Much appreciated.

Crossy, I hope the colors don't bleed through the surgical gloves I'll wear.       I became a fan of using them years ago following a suggestion from a co worker.    Come in handy for lots of tasks including this one I believe.

Archived