Does anyone bother shopping at Amway Thailand?

ubonr1971

2 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

I suppose you are deaf and blind?

You say you are a scientist. I thought scientists base their findings on facts not opinion. You can't be much of a scientist and now you are becoming insulting. Typical.

Presumably the membership fee for aisle shopping is to encourage people to buy from the agents as Amway relies on the agents, and the agents need the sales to keep them at it.

Usually get their L.O.C. Multi-purpose Cleaner through an agent - that stuff is worth seeking out.

19 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

It's not insulting.

If you can't accept that you wasted your time (unsuccessful?) for a Multi Level Marketing (MLM) business and were sitting at the end of the chain (?) and don't have the knowledge to see in what business you are, and not being able to judge about the products, and can't see that they are too expensive (they have to be, because every level will get a percentage of profit) in comparison to other brands, hen I can't help you. Open your eyes and listen. Sometimes it will help.

Anyway have a wonderful Chakri Day.

Amway (short for "American Way") is an American company specializing in the use of multi-level marketing to sell health, beauty, and home care products. The company was founded in 1959 by Jay Van Andel and Richard DeVos and is based in Ada, Michigan.

5ac6fb0981829_ScreenShot2018-03-29at3_30_03PM.png.46e23efecba78fb51fd71bacfcc81cae.png

• Haha 1

My wife has been using Amway products for more than twenty years. The water filters have been a good investment and the cleaning products are excellent. They may seem expensive, but they are all concentrated and so they last for a very long time. The missus also swears by the cosmetics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ulic said:

If it were COSTCO I would gladly pay a membership fee. Amway, not so prepared to buy in. 

No comparison at all. COSTCO is an ethical company that believes in taking care of its employees. Scamway just a get rich quick scheme, many so called "distributors" need welfare to survive in the USA. 

• Like 2

My ex-wife many years ago was talked into becoming an AMway distributor. Did attend one overpriced motivational seminar and got a starter pack of products. It was obvious that selling them would be hard and would mainly depend on getting friends and family to take a couple of things out of sympathy. Where possible, i found comparable products in UK supermarkets (looking at the contents labels) and showed to my wife what the comparable prices were. The only way you could get rich was by signing up lots of suckers to try and sell the products for you. I reckon most 'distributors' i met made well under 10 GBP a week (if anything) for about 10 hours or more of work. The ex-wife's plan never went any further, she could make more in an hour as a bank nurse.

My Thai wife runs a small shop which is successful, to busy to try these 'marketing' ideas, thank goodness.

• Like 2

Strictly speaking pyramid selling is the practice of selling positions in a chain of people, not product. It is illegal in many countries. Amway’s model is not pyramid selling.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Uncle95 said:

Strictly speaking pyramid selling is the practice of selling positions in a chain of people, not product. It is illegal in many countries. Amway’s model is not pyramid selling.

Yes you are right it is illegal in many countries including Australia. If it were a pyramid scheme it would have been long gone in those countries.

On 06/04/2018 at 10:03 AM, Dazinoz said:

Ignorant

Pyramid selling, as the name suggests the price goes up each person. As I wrote about the price is the same for ALL distributors and same price for ALL customers so I can't see how you call that pyramid selling.

Nothing wrong with being a "believer", used to one myself, It got too complicated so I turned to religion instead!! :smile: