Snakes let loose in Phuket 'kiss and release'

webfact

Snakes let loose in Phuket 'kiss and release'

Eakkapop Thongtub

1522954527_1-org.jpg

Rescue workers enjoyed their farewell with the King Cobra before setting the snakes free in the hills of Chalong yesterday (April 5). Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Rescue workers from the Ruamjai Kupai Foundation let loose six snakes in an isolated area in the hills of Chalong yesterday afternoon (April 5), including a five-metre long King Cobra.

The snakes were those caught by rescue workers in Chalong, Rawai and Karon in recent weeks after being called by concerned residents to come and remove the venomous vipers, explained lead rescue worker Sayan Thoomphan.

Specifically, the five-metre King Cobra was the very same snake that was safely removed from the wheel arch of a parked taxi in Karon last Thursday (Mar 29). 

Full story:  https://www.thephuketnews.com/snakes-let-loose-in-phuket-kiss-and-release-66676.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-04-06
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, farcanell said:

The only thing that brute would get from me would be the kiss of death (from a very long stick).... 

Brilliant! Snakes, especially cobras don't care about you! They don't want to eat you! In fact they will warn you that they are there and don't want an issue with you. But go ahead tough guy, one bite from it and you'll will be dead one!

• Like 2

Sorry to the animal lovers, sorry to the nature balancers who rightfully claim snakes keep pests under control....but if confronted to a snake, I'm not taking any chances to let the chap slither around my place....cobras especially are very territorial and if they hang around an area,  it is that they like the place to stay a bit.....rather irresponsable to let these cuties hang around alive......:sorry::sorry:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

Sorry to the animal lovers, sorry to the nature balancers who rightfully claim snakes keep pests under control....but if confronted to a snake, I'm not taking any chances to let the chap slither around my place....cobras especially are very territorial and if they hang around an area,  it is that they like the place to stay a bit.....rather irresponsable to let these cuties hang around alive......:sorry::sorry:

You are right, that's why when you have one near your place, call the rescue workers, they will take them to a desert place; as said above, you don't interest them , they are here for food

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Jimi007 said:

Brilliant! Snakes, especially cobras don't care about you! They don't want to eat you! In fact they will warn you that they are there and don't want an issue with you. But go ahead tough guy, one bite from it and you'll will be dead one!

Doubt you would be saying that if one had bitten your child . 

Well, I think it's stupid to be releasing snakes that are dangerous to humans into the wild. But I'd certainly call the experts rather than get within 16 feet of one even if I had a stick that long. And if the experts insist on releasing it somewhere else as part of their deal for capturing it, I wouldn't be in a position to argue. As long as it's very far away.

Then it's somebody else's nephews, dogs and grandkid getting killed by the lovely handbag-in-waiting.