Foreginers May Receive More Than 3 Tourist Visas

There is a way. COMPLY and have a proper visa.

OK then if its so simple how ???? (please see http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10082) if your under 50 and dont want to marry a thai even if your spending 20 - 30k USD per annum in Thailand brought in from outside you still have no legal way of maintaining residency shy of 'wasting' 3 mil !!!

I dont want to be on tourist visa's... I contribute to the Thai economy... I dont need or want to work (been there, done it)... So please explain how I comply without leaving the country !!!

Hey dude, I 2nd your post. So easy for these dudes to say just get a proper visa. Welcome to my nightmare

Is it time to change your name to BiasedBob ?

And the overstayers are something else.

Why overstay?

You get people on here asking what are they to do as they have overstayed by months the odd day I can understand but months?

What did they do let it slip their memory?

No sympathy from me I'm afraid.

Drinkin' and shaggin' keep 'em fully occupied it seems.

a few joints a day. What day is it? What month? What year? Oh shit!

well to be honest you are not the best ambassador for the cause.

Ranting and raving acheives nothing in Thailand. And the way you are going about it, while nice for a anonomous internet forum, gives you a snowballs chance in h3ll of being sucessful in Thailand.

And you reckon you want to be a Thai citizen?

posts get removed all the time with and w/o notice. we gotta deal with it

I don't now if it was offending or not but I think everybody has the right to say what he wants.

If the Moderater like's it or not.

(Basic Human Rights)

It is my opinion that, in this instance, Dr Pong & Derek have missed the point. I am here on a 'retirement visa'. In researching on which visa I should apply for, I was thoroughly confused by the Thai system. Since then, I have heard & read about foreigners who thought they had legal visas, only to be incarcerated under the rather harsh Thai system.

My point is that same one I made a while back. US, Australian & European visitors usually have more ready cash and income than 10 Thai, Burmese, Laotian, Indian, or Chinese families, so should be in an entirely different category.

In light of foreign aid to Thailand from the aforementioned countries, I am astounded that 'short tour' visas are even required. The greater majority of visitors in this group could care less about illegal activities. Those activities serve no purpose...............................

The rare 'western visitor' who willingly and knowingly violates the current laws, does so at his/her own peril. NOTE: When I arrived at Don Muang, authorities did not follow regulations, step by step. My passport was stamped indicating my visa was valid for one year without any mention of quarterly check ins with immigration. They also obligingly overlooked numerous local and international

requirements regarding my cat........................?

Visa descriptions are unclear, it is a confusing process to get a visa, authorities handle every case differently, so how is a person to know just what is correct?

Digs,

Udon Thani

Yes, how is a foreign guest or toursit to know where he stands and what his or her rights are in attaining a Visa when the laws that be, contradict A, B, C and D RESPECTIVELY!!

Thaimee. [back to the original topic everyone!]

posts get removed all the time with and w/o notice. we gotta deal with it

I don't now if it was offending or not but I think everybody has the right to say what he wants.

If the Moderater like's it or not.

(Basic Human Rights)

unfortunately on the net and on given websites the hosts can edit what they please. This is not a human rights issue in any way. Perhaps a freedom of speech issue but the site and all sites can posts and edit or delete what they please. It is their right. It is their site. I'm not saying I agree with it, it is merely fact. I found this out years ago on AOL when they booted me off their service for calling a guy a moron