Dutch pedophile arrested in Hua Hin sentenced to 22 years in jail

webfact

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, overherebc said:

The sad emoticon is something that needs to go or be changed.

It's not clear in use, is the post sad, is the one who posts it sad? Are they sad because they don't agree with the content of the post or are they sad because they agree with the post.

Scott. We need a survey.

Maybe they're just sad from reading TV.

Thailand should create a watch list of lone criminals damaging children, and monitor them of their activity.

They should have secret agents monitoring foreigners get along friendly with stranger's kids.

Thai police intelligent is a failure system. They cannot even identify the owner of the luxury watch.

How someone who is dead in 1980 owned the watch manufactured in 2000 ?

A post discussing TV Forum content and moderation has been removed.

The ThaiVisa News Team gathers and disseminates news bulletins from Thai and International sources, and republishes them in the News Forums for our members' information and enjoyment. Our News Team works hard to bring quality content to the News Forums, and should be respected for their efforts.
Comments such as "slow news day" or "clickbait headline" are neither respectful nor welcome on the forum, and will be considered as troll comments and removed and the offending poster warned and/or suspended accordingly.
Except as otherwise indicated in the byline, news bulletins are reprinted verbatim from a mass media source which has given TV permission to use its feed. 
Original articles, especially in the Thai press, often have grammatical mistakes or misspellings. ThaiVisa is not responsible for these nor does ThaiVisa have the rights to alter content it is reprinting from another source. Similarly, ThaiVisa is not responsible for any opinions reflected  or quoted in reprinted news stories.

17 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

We can but hope that he never tastes freedom again and his fellow inmates learn why he is banged up. 

They will not care why he is banged up as long as he has money. It does not have the same stigma to Thais and they view it in prison with a slight sense of amusement.

17 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

Let's hope that he'll lose his sope often when he showers and some gentlemen do him thoroughly through. 

An urban myth in Thai jails. He will have young willing Thai males as long as he has money to support them in gambling, food, cigarettes.

3 hours ago, johncat1 said:

I hope he has to serve his sentence in Thailand and not be deported to serve his sentence in s soft western prison he will not survive his years in prison here

Unfortunately, there is a treaty in place between Holland and Thailand. He will be sent back after four years as his sentence is not life. If it was life, he would be eligible after 8 years.

He will then have the balance to serve in Holland depending on the treaty terms, plus the Dutch charges to face. He WILL get reductions on this sentence in Thailand for good behaviour and receive substantial reductions from King's pardons and amnesties. That's the way the system works here as it is classed as a non-violent crime.

2 hours ago, hansnl said:

And now for the Thai offenders.

Would they get, deservedly, the same punishment, or is this, again, a underhand deal between Dutch and Thai authorities, used as an example?

Thais usually get lighter sentences than foreigners in these matters. The foreigner will be getting made an example of; partly through the involvement of the Dutch government via the Embassy.

18 hours ago, z42 said:

Get your priorities right Thailand. I just hope nonces aren't eligible for pardons and good behaviour discounts as 22 years is nowhere near enough 

Under Thai law, no one can serve more than 20 years, for any crime. The judges pass sentences but once in the prison system the 20-year rule kicks in.

Appalling - but it calls into question the apparent lack of vigilance by the abused children's parents.

All too often here one sees very young children wandering around selling stuff to tourists, with no sign of any supervising adult - easy prey for pedophiles eager to take advantage of Thailand's "relaxed" culture. 

A nation-wide public awareness campaign needs to be launched to awaken parents to the potential dangers their children face from sexual predators. Those who shirk their responsibilities need to be carpeted and punished.

Instead of parading him as soon as he was caught, they should have worked with interpol to catch his pedo friends that he was sending the films to.  I can imagine there will be alot of pcs going in the bin right now.

One of my friends told me about this case at Christmas. There's a running joke in Hua Hin about being careful on dating selection with the term, "Don't do a Charlie".  That was the name he used and his arrest caught a lot of people  by surprise. He was fairly well known, a big talker, but discrete in public. According to to my source, he frequented one gay bar where he had been under surveillance. He didn't bring his victims with him.  Many foreigners  seem to think that we  are not being watched, but we are.

33 minutes ago, BigT73 said:

Instead of parading him as soon as he was caught, they should have worked with interpol to catch his pedo friends that he was sending the films to.  I can imagine there will be alot of pcs going in the bin right now.

They probably have as it was spearheaded by the Dutch authorities.

I hope this filthy creator will die inside Thai jail as a rat,

he will enjoy the journey with inmates filling up his empty bottle inside the new resort till his last filthy breath...

clean the country from this kind of rubbish

18 hours ago, JOC said:

A pedophile working as a teacher....

Doesn't get worse than that....

And spare me the nonsense....."He is sick and needs treatment"

He does need treatment. It's called castration.

Archived