Why The Slow Internet And Crappy Cable Tv?

dgoz

This is mainly a question asked of Pattaya but also probably relative to most parts of Thailand.

I spent a year or so in Vietnam between 05-06 and even $10 guest houses had good internet connection via wifi and excellent TV which included ALL the sports channels (EPL football, cricket etc) ALL finance, movies, kids, docus etc.

In Pattaya (and probably most everywhere else in LOS) we have UBC which is ordinary and very expensive, and Sophon Cable, which is cheap and pathetic compared to what you get in Vietnam.

Why is Thailand so far behind other 3rd world countries in these basic services?

Is it just corruption and poor management or is there something I'm missing?

People go to Pattaya for cheap Isarn prostitutes and most are not interested in fast internet or tv.

Where I live in Isarn, True internet is great and fast. I have 60 quality channels on cable for 250 baht a month.

I didn't think Thailand or Vietnam were 3rd world countries.

People go to Pattaya for cheap Isarn prostitutes and most are not interested in fast internet or tv.

Where I live in Isarn, True internet is great and fast. I have 60 quality channels on cable for 250 baht a month.

Are the Isarn prostitutes cheaper actually in Isarn than Pattaya? :o Sorry, carry on...

QUOTE(Neeranam @ 2007-01-26 13:26:48)

Are the Isarn prostitutes cheaper actually in Isarn than Pattaya? Sorry, carry on...

Sorry for what?

Down the road from where I live there are prostitutes in a karaoke place for 300 baht.

You could probably get one from the street for 100 baht.

I don't know how much in Pattaya?

I've never used a prostitute for over 5 years.

Edited by Neeranam

Do you know if that cable deal is available in bankok?

This is mainly a question asked of Pattaya but also probably relative to most parts of Thailand.

I spent a year or so in Vietnam between 05-06 and even $10 guest houses had good internet connection via wifi and excellent TV which included ALL the sports channels (EPL football, cricket etc) ALL finance, movies, kids, docus etc.

In Pattaya (and probably most everywhere else in LOS) we have UBC which is ordinary and very expensive, and Sophon Cable, which is cheap and pathetic compared to what you get in Vietnam.

Why is Thailand so far behind other 3rd world countries in these basic services?

Is it just corruption and poor management or is there something I'm missing?

'dgoz' perfectly simple mate,big demand in places like Pattaya,Phuket where I can assure you its really bad..

The little plodders over sell the overloaded cables, in Vietnam and in the sticks of LOS not as much demand..

I cant believe I gave a serious reply..I think I'm losing it I really do... :o