Student drowns in swimming exercise in Prachin Buri river

snoop1130

Student drowns in swimming exercise in Prachin Buri river

By The Nation

ce204817478cd13ad9b94713ba39ef12.jpeg

A student drowned in Prachin Buri yesterday morning after he made a river diving as part of his exercise to get prepared for an entrance exam to an Army non-commissioned school.

Police were alerted of the incident at 8.30am and they sent a team of scuba divers to search for the body at a bridge across the Prachin Buri River in Tambon Na Muang, Muang district.

Ten scuba divers took about three hours to locate the body of Nopwichai Lomthong, 20.

A boy, Chakkraphan Chuwong, 12 who was fishing nearby, told police that he saw the teenager went up the bridge and pulled his shirt out and dived down.

He disappeared briefly and came to the surface and shouted for help about four or five times and disappeared.

His grandmother, Lad Pongsri, 75, said Chakkraphan went to the bridge to dive to test his courage and he planned to swim across the river to exercise before taking physical test for the Army school.

Full Story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30342914

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-4-10

Tragic but as yet this story doesn't make sence. Can they not find a translator with sufficient skills to relay to an international audience in such a manner that they get the full picture?

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Ahh, bu he was seeking admission to NCO school not Officers school.

I am a little confused by this.

Was he already in the army?

If not, can a civilian just go to an NCO school and enlist as an NCO, without any actual military experience?

Does any country do this?

Not important, just curious.

17 hours ago, evadgib said:

Tragic but as yet this story doesn't make sence. Can they not find a translator with sufficient skills to relay to an international audience in such a manner that they get the full picture?

nope. never will. 

17 hours ago, evadgib said:

I'm a writer and editor and no matter how much I mentally prepare myself, I wince at every story printed.