Prayut ‘can’t think of any PM candidates’ other than himself

webfact

37 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

there really is very little point to even holding an election.

Even in a semi-feudal society it's always useful to let the powers know what we think of them. Best not to leave them in any doubt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, nong38 said:

Have to admit that when he arrived on the scene I gave him the benefit of the doubt after all he said he was not going to be there very long, however long is, however, I do now think he has got accustomed to his position and now seems and has seemed to be reluctant to leave office for some time. Whatever goodwill he came with seems to have evaporated over time and when the election finally arrives he might be in for a big surprise.

Never had nor trust any coups illegal seizure of elected governments. Why are there people who harboured thoughts they were doing for the good of the nation and rid corrupted governments, is beyond my comprehension. It is not that there are non corruptable honest generals who are putting the nation first behind self interests and serving the greater plan of the elites. These are the same institution that stage 12 coups giving the same tired reasons of bad governments & these are the same institution that committed so much atrocities. Time for future governments to enact law to outlaw coups and charge soldiers engaged in coups for treason. Only way for Thailand to clear the swamp and reach the potential that coups held back. 

• Like 2

On 4/10/2018 at 5:19 PM, webfact said:

Given the current circumstances, plus continued suppression of political parties, observers view Prayut as almost the sole possibility to become the next PM. Last week, his deputy Somkid Jatusripitak, who heads the government’s economic team, also hinted that he would support Prayut as next PM. This came amid speculation that Somkid might prepare to set up a pro-Prayut party.

A glimpse at the ultimate plan. Silence the serious opposition until the last minute so they can't organize and educate voters then claim to have had a fair election. The Thai people will know better but will have been forbidden from having a chance to select a leader they feel comfortable with....this will not end well for anybody and is a real shame. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAG said:

What a very revealing post. It certainly explains the "sad" emojis which you have taken to sprinkling around. You seem to share the juntas intense dislike of anyone who dares to disagree or offer an opinion of which you don't approve.

Would your ideal expatriate community be limited to "fellow travelers" then?

Since we are guests in this country and Thai Visa rules say " not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people" , a rule that is clearly violated by you anti Prayut posters , some-one should down vote some remarks here.

• Sad 2

Meny of your people in here just love to hate him 

But in reality every pm or president say the same in western world 

Thailand is what Thailand are just respect that other wise people is free to live in other countries 

Sometimes I just get it why your guy's are in Thailand or why you always complaining 

We are here because Thailand invite us not because Thailand need us so why not just respect Thailand 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Meny of your people in here just love to hate him 

But in reality every pm or president say the same in western world 

Thailand is what Thailand are just respect that other wise people is free to live in other countries 

Sometimes I just get it why your guy's are in Thailand or why you always complaining 

We are here because Thailand invite us not because Thailand need us so why not just respect Thailand 

Well said.

They do not love to hate him, they are just bored.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, JAG said:

The forum moderators enforce the rules you quote, they don't seem to feel it applies to political debate.

What you were suggesting was that those indulging in political debate and espousing views with which you disagree should be effectively expelled from the country - rather a different thing.

If you feel so strongly about what we say, join in, it has after all become somewhat one sided. Or are you more of the "burn the books" persuasion?

Since we are not allowed to comment on TPTB here , I can't fully reply to your comment.

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, humbug said:
On zaterdag 14 april 2018 at 10:22 PM, BuaBS said:

Since we are guests in this country and Thai Visa rules say " not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people" , a rule that is clearly violated by you anti Prayut posters , some-one should down vote some remarks here.

try telling that to all the chinese immigrants from the past who now own cpgroup et all that they are too visitors to this land.

Please read up on your history of this land before you foolishly claim we are visitors. Bangkok and Thonburi were created from the families of India/Iran/Mon people. Thailand was a much more multi-cultural land before the last 130 years of chinese influencing the claste system

Are you reacting to my post ?.... because your answer doesn't make any sence.

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 8:49 PM, JOC said:

Only You...(And You Alone)....

Only you can make all this world seem right
Only you can make the darkness bright
Only you and you alone can thrill me like you do
And fill my heart with love for only you
Only you can make all this change in me
For it's true, you are my destiny
When you hold my hand I understand the magic that you do
You're my dream come true, my one and only you
Only you can make this change in me
For it's true, you are my destiny
When you hold my hand I understand the magic that you do
You're my dream come true, my one and only you

I don't think The Platters would approve using their fine tune here. (great old song though)

Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed. Any posts which can be construed as rumor mongering are not allowed.

Posters violating these rules and the forum rules will receive a warning, a possible suspension of posting privileges or a ban from the site.

Posts in violation of the above have been removed. 

1 hour ago, candide said:

Well, it's not really a sentence that triggers a long debate, isn't it? :smile:

By mere curiosity: would you have answered the same to people criticising Thaksin or Yingluck, at the time they were governing this country?

No because this family is the cause to meny of Thailands problems we see today 

The junta try clean up after them but it is not something they can fix over a short period of time 

• 2 weeks later...