Cabinet approves 10 housing projects worth 153 million baht for PRD officials

webfact

Cabinet approves 10 housing projects worth 153 million baht for PRD officials

By Thai PBS

Tatchphol-Kanchanakul.jpg

The cabinet on Tuesday (April 10) approved in principle 10 housing projects worth an estimated 153 million baht for junior officials of the Department of Public Relations and their families.

The 10 housing projects are meant for junior PRD officials in Bangkok, Phuket, Ubon Ratchathani, Buri Ram, Si Sa Ket, Ranong, Songkhla and Tak.

Dr Tatchphol Kanchanakul, governor of the National Housing Authority, said Tuesday that governmental agencies which want to provide their junior officials with housing units should submit their proposals to the NHA which would be responsible for seeking approval as well as funding from the cabinet.

Full story:  http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/cabinet-approves-10-housing-projects-worth-153-million-baht-prd-officials/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-04-11

26 minutes ago, missoura said:

Since living here, I have always heard that working for the government is similar to winning a lottery. For some it  is...

"...10 housing projects worth an estimated 153 million baht for junior officials of the Department of Public Relations and their families."

Why does the state (taxpayers funds) need to provide housing for junior officials of the dept., of public relations?

Publicly funded housing should be rare and exist only case by case when their is a very good and specific reason.

Another example of elitism, and screw and ignore the common folks. 

Let me see...

A job for life? Not enough.

De facto immunity from the law? Not enough.

Superior medical insurance? Not enough.

Access to graft without pesky questions from law-enforcement? Not enough.

Comfortable, air-conditioned office with no real outputs required? Not enough.

Guaranteed pension? Not enough.

I know! Let's throw in free housing as well!

And in a relatively short time, that too will be... not enough.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The 10 housing projects are meant for junior PRD officials in Bangkok, Phuket, Ubon Ratchathani, Buri Ram, Si Sa Ket, Ranong, Songkhla and Tak.

And how many of those houses will be rented out for profit while the "junior" officials live somewhere else or where they already are? I notice that he added the all important words ......"meant for".

1 hour ago, webfact said:

for junior officials of the Department of Public Relations and their families.

Perhaps a reward for the "grunts" who organise and distribute incoming "funds" for those at the top. Just like some other government departments. Sorry, just joking ....ha, ha!

"The 10 housing projects will accommodate 192 junior PRD officials and their families, totaling about 200 people."

I am struggling with the math here, can anyone help out?

Or is it perhaps 192 officials and 200 family members?

Or have the PRD, unusually for them, made a complete hash of their Press Release?

Or is it me?

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Why does the state (taxpayers funds) need to provide housing for junior officials of the dept., of public relations?

Amongst the most significant supporters ( clients ) of the junta are the civil service. They need to be kept on side.

On 4/11/2018 at 5:20 AM, BigBadGeordie said:

"The 10 housing projects will accommodate 192 junior PRD officials and their families, totaling about 200 people."

I am struggling with the math here, can anyone help out?

Or is it perhaps 192 officials and 200 family members?

Or have the PRD, unusually for them, made a complete hash of their Press Release?

Or is it me?

Nah, I'm sure it's just you. I mean, 19.2 officials per housing project, only one of whom appears to be married, seems reasonable to me. With  Mum & Dad, baby bro's & sis's plus the aunts & uncles all on their way just as soon as they can. That 200 should have probably been 2,000, simple error to make.

Archived