Full Teacher's License - Where to study in Isaan?

Is there anywhere in Isaan that offers an English course that awards a post graduate diploma or similar in teaching?

As I need to get my full teacher's license, and really don't want to travel to Bangkok every weekend for a course (But could perhaps handle a location that's within Isaan as then I can drive there).

You are wasting your time... thailand teachers license are given only to thais right now. There is no testing available for foreigners as of yet. The only way to get a real license is to go through the ministry of education testing.  Which they are not offering to foreigners now. 

You can only get a temporary teachers license using your AA or BA from a reputable school abroad.  And renew is a couple times only. 

Pretty sure that a post graduate diploma in teaching (or equivalent) that I was asking about still allows you to get a full license. Else the other guy teaching with me, who forked out 75,000 for a course and travels 8h each way on the bus to Bangkok every weekend is gonna for pretty gutted (A route I’m not prepared to take at present).

But yes it appears that the route I was taking (tests and then the seminars that replaced them), is now only available to Thai people.

I’ve posted here in the hope that someone knows something about courses in Isaaa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Things are very limited now for teachers with a BA degree. I taught for 3 years and got a waiver each time. I didn't want to risk not getting a 4th so I ended up moving back to the West. The days of more than 3 waivers are going fast and unless you want to spend 75,000 baht on a course north of Bangkok and have to attend every Saturday for a year you might as well find another source of income unfortunately. I have one friend who went that route but many others are just teaching illegally on a retirement visa now. 

On 4/12/2018 at 4:13 PM, SlyAnimal said:

Pretty sure that a post graduate diploma in teaching (or equivalent) that I was asking about still allows you to get a full license

If you're talking about the 'Filipino' (St Roberts / IFUGAO) DipT then yes it does. The TCT have to accept it as part of the ASEAN agreement. Last year the taught classes were available in Korat but you'll have to contact them directly as they need a minimum number of students.

9 hours ago, GanDoonToonPet said:

If you're talking about the 'Filipino' (St Roberts / IFUGAO) DipT then yes it does. The TCT have to accept it as part of the ASEAN agreement. Last year the taught classes were available in Korat but you'll have to contact them directly as they need a minimum number of students.

Once they've got 10 students they'll have a class in Korat. Or any other cities. The Dip TE was 60 K. 

OP should do a PGCEi from uni of nottingham in the Uk. Its mostly online and you can attend a cohort in bkk or malaysia. 

Any idea on Approximate costs? (I’m not from the UK so would be an international student) And how often are classes in Bkk required?

Otherwise previous posters mentioned Korat, Rajabhat or regular university?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, SlyAnimal said:

Any idea on Approximate costs?

I paid UK3500 for the 2016-2017 cohort but saved about B40,000 as I paid after the EU referendum vote. :smile:

The fees haven't been published for this academic year but expect a significant increase. I suspect it's too late for you to apply anyway as the Bangkok cohorts fill up pretty quickly...

3 hours ago, SlyAnimal said:

And how often are classes in Bkk required?

Only one 4 day intensive seminar, held in Bangkok around the middle of October.

3500 pounds, so that's around 175,000 THB, probably a bit too pricey for me.  I'll probably just wait until a course of some description is eventually created for foreigners in Thailand.

Teacher's license is mainly just to future proof my ability to teach in 10-20 years when/if they one day decide to start strictly checking documents in countryside schools.

Archived