Alcohol checks this songkran

Traffic checks (alc, speed, licence etc.) would be the easiest way to address the obvious traffic safety problem Thailand has. Again, it does not need the ridiculous traffic police presence we have in Europe (which is more a money spinner than anything else) but just something to make people think what they do on the road.

Everybody have a safe Songkran and behave yourself!

8 hours ago, huberthammer said:

Traffic checks (alc, speed, licence etc.) would be the easiest way to address the obvious traffic safety problem Thailand has

Why when every year we can see them sitting in their comfortable chairs under the canopy by the side of the road, playing with their phones, reading the newspapers, watching TV and generally chewing the fat

At least that is what appears to be the latest plan to combat this annual  Songkran death spiral from our military masters.   

There is a cute Thai saying same same but different unfortunately it's really same same but no different

2 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

Why when every year we can see them sitting in their comfortable chairs under the canopy by the side of the road, playing with their phones, reading the newspapers, watching TV and generally chewing the fat

At least that is what appears to be the latest plan to combat this annual  Songkran death spiral from our military masters.   

There is a cute Thai saying same same but different unfortunately it's really same same but no different

It’s all kinds of people. Police rescue and all agency standby at these areas different people doing different jobs

4 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

This year Songkran in Samui is it only Fr.13th?

In my experience I thought in Samui it was only one day but I have seen on a website 13th/14th/15th, ???

Normally the 12th in the evening (mainly in amusement areas, and Chaweng beach road), and the whole day the 13th all around the island. That's it – and that's what great about Samui, great fun and stop before it gets annoying, or boring – but some few limited folks might think it's cool to try to extend the habit, luckily they have not succeed at all, so far...:smile:

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

Normally the 12th in the evening (mainly in amusement areas, and Chaweng beach road), and the whole day the 13th all around the island. That's it – and that's what great about Samui, great fun and stop before it gets annoying, or boring – but some few limited folks might think it's cool to try to extend the habit, luckily they have not succeed at all, so far...:smile:

Thank you for answering khunPer, I am in Samui for six years and since then saw only a one day  Samui Songkran.

To tell you all I had a problem for the first with my heart two months ago, so now my wife went alone to see her parents in North, too early for me for this two times 1500 km in the car then I am alone in the house, alone way of talking... with my five cats ...more adorable and smarter than each other so I did not have the heart to give the kittens I kept them all :smile:

Yesterday, listening to the voice of wisdom I stayed relax at home, but yesterday night on a website I saw: Songkran 2018 Samui 13th,14th,15th.

So thank you thank you for confirming me that is not true :jap:

On 4/12/2018 at 9:03 AM, huberthammer said:

Traffic checks (alc, speed, licence etc.) would be the easiest way to address the obvious traffic safety problem Thailand has. Again, it does not need the ridiculous traffic police presence we have in Europe (which is more a money spinner than anything else) but just something to make people think what they do on the road.

Everybody have a safe Songkran and behave yourself!

Traffic checks/checkpoints/roadblocks are a highly dubious way of addressing road safety.

Firstly with alcohol have to already be in the car and over the limit

It also seems that anyone who is determined to drink and drive over SK now knows to avoid Chaweng lake.

22 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

It also seems that anyone who is determined to drink and drive over SK now knows to avoid Chaweng lake.

They also switched to the ring road, no way to pass checks. 

I think it was good that the police informed me and I passed it along, so people didn't drink and drive. 

2 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

They also switched to the ring road, no way to pass checks. 

I think it was good that the police informed me and I passed it along, so people didn't drink and drive. 

Prevention is always better than cure .. but avoidance is the worst of the lot.

Archived