Buying Air Tickets

velo

As above, i am very confused :o

My name is John Koh Wei Sheng. I am from Singapore, and being a Chinese, my name is Koh Wei Sheng, with an english name John. Now few years back my dad went through some procedures, and got my english name brought to the front. So its now "John Koh Wei Sheng" in my passport. John is my given name, and Koh is my family name.

With the airline company insisting that the name on the ticket matches the one in the passport, i am very confused now. How should i submit my name in the form:

First Name : John

Last Name : Koh

or

First Name : John

Last Name : Koh Wei Sheng

or

First Name : John Wei Sheng

Last name : Koh

or Lastly

First Name : Wei Sheng John

Last Name : Koh

This brings me to another point. How strict are airline companies when it comes to the order of the words in the name? My middle names "Wei Sheng", should they go into First Name or Last Name? If first name, how should the order be, with respect to my First name John. E.g. John Wei Sheng or Wei Sheng John.

A friend said that it doesnt matter where you fill in the middle names, as long the First and Last names are in their correct places and all the names in the passport are in, its ok. Does it hold any water?

Sorry for the long post, just hoping that someone can help clarify my doubts. Thanks for being patient :D

Edited by velo

It doesn't matter much. On tickets often first and last names are reversed again, or cut off at some point. Just fill in whatever is in your passport.

The legal requirement is for the name to match the passport....

This is essential when travelling to the USA - airlines send advance passenger list.

It would probably cause the least confusion if you just went with:-

First name: John

Last name: Sheng

Athough I am no travel agent.. well actually I am and I would just tell you to check with the consulate before booking.

It would probably cause the least confusion if you just went with:-

First name: John

Last name: Sheng

Athough I am no travel agent.. well actually I am and typically I would advise you to check with the consulate before booking:)