Cat using my lawn as a toilet.

My lawn has recently become an area for a cat to use as its toilet during the night, I tried limes and it seemed to work until they dried out and got expensive to replace every couple of days. Would lime juice (40% concentrate) bought in bulk work if sprayed over the area?

I did search and found another similar request but it went unanswered.

I am looking for a humane way to deal with this if possible.

Thank you so much.

To repel animals and bugs in our garden we use this:

Place two large handfuls of red-hot chilli peppers into a pot and fill with water, add two handfuls of garlic gloves. Boil, simmer for two hours and mash the mixture with a potato masher every 30 mins. Let cool, strain and pour into plastic storage bottles, don't tighten the cap for about a week else the container will explode. Pour into a sprayer and use as necessary, spraying wherever there are problems - it works exceedingly well.

Spraying lime juice over the grass would most likely kill it,

as acidic,as simoh1490 said chillies would be your best bet.

nothing worse than stepping on some cat shit while walking

in the garden,the smell seems to stay in your nose for hours.

regards Worgeordie        just a couple more points and we should be OK.

I bought an animal motion detector that shoots water, got it from Lazada, it's OK, not brilliant ...

The cat in question that uses my lawn for poo (and my dining table to vomit once) now walks round the garden a different route therefore I need to move the detector now and then, trouble is if you point at the trees, the movement when windy sets off the detector...

We have two cats, and a lawn. They don't go on the grass because I dump a sack of sand in a corner of the yard for them.  Cats usually prefer to use sand over grass. Once a month or so I spread it under the shrubs, cover it with mulch and replace the sand.. You can't use commercial kitty litter outdoors because it will clump up with rain or irrigation. 

Archived