motorcycle registration number prices ?

pop3

I hope somebody can help me with a question of how much ? As we all know the simple answer to my question of how much a motor cycle number is worth ? is it is worth nothing , or its worth what you can get .

But in reality it does make a difference to the price of a bike if it has an interesting number ,  I will soon be trying to sell a bike with the registration number 333 , I would like to load the price of the bike to include the interesting number but load it by how much ? The bike is a home made chopper fitted with Virago XV 750 engine . Thanks in advance for any help on price .

I doubt that 333 is worth something but you can always try. It might mean something to somebody. Cars and bikes are a very different story.  Bike numbers don't really have a value. Getting a "special" number often is for free. I choose 88 on my bike and it was for free. Three digit numbers where also for free. If you have a single digit it would cost you 50,000 thb but that was a couple of years ago. Nowadays it is more difficult to get a special number. Maybe not even possible anymore.

If the new buyer wants to keep the 333 plate they will have to do the change of ownership in the province that its already registered,also if a foreigner wanted to register they would need to provide proof of residence for the province of 333 plate...other wise they'll need to register it at their "home" province then the 333 number plate will be invalid anyway....so maybe someone would like to have the plate but it may not be possible to keep it.

• Like 1

You should just consider yourself lucky to find a buyer for a ‘home made chopper 750 with whatever number.
I had a (registered)750 with HaHaHa (555) but in the end I was lucky to find a buyer in this market now-a-days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

You should just consider yourself lucky to find a buyer for a ‘home made chopper 750 with whatever number.
I had a (registered)750 with HaHaHa (555) but in the end I was lucky to find a buyer in this market now-a-days.

Yes DILLIGAD  Sadly your correct , myself and other people I know have been trying to sell other bikes , houses , you name it , even at a good price nothing seems to sell anymore ?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed, the days of being able to flog a bike with only "invoice" papers is almost well and truly over. These unregistered machines will be fit only for scrap soon.

• Like 1

Indeed, the days of being able to flog a bike with only "invoice" papers is almost well and truly over. These unregistered machines will be fit only for scrap soon.
Not quite scrap...they can still he driven on private property...or broken up for parts.

For a data sink like me, this is an interesting exercise.

I realise we are not comparing apples with apples but I took a look at that list of car prices that blackcab shared with us: http://ams.unseencar.com/plate/

I did this in Excel and if anyone wants to see what I did, just let me know and I will happily share my file! I know, glazed eyes for most!

There are

54 numbers with a value of greater that Baht 1,000,000

215 with the smallest value of 3,900

353 unique numbers although they range from 1 to 9999

The number 7667 is the most repeated number: 25 times with an average price of B44,522, a maximum of B88,000 and a minimum of B3,900

Number 1 has the maximum value of B11,000,000

Finally, number 333: 2 of them with an average value of B155,500, maximum of B153,000 and minimum of B158,000

If you do take the file from me and find errors, please feel free to share your corrections with me.

Edited by todlad
wrong article used!

On 4/17/2018 at 8:26 AM, todlad said:

For a data sink like me, this is an interesting exercise.

I realise we are not comparing apples with apples but I took a look at that list of car prices that blackcab shared with us: http://ams.unseencar.com/plate/

I did this in Excel and if anyone wants to see what I did, just let me know and I will happily share my file! I know, glazed eyes for most!

There are

54 numbers with a value of greater that Baht 1,000,000

215 with the smallest value of 3,900

353 unique numbers although they range from 1 to 9999

The number 7667 is the most repeated number: 25 times with an average price of B44,522, a maximum of B88,000 and a minimum of B3,900

Number 1 has the maximum value of B11,000,000

Finally, number 333: 2 of them with an average value of B155,500, maximum of B158,000 and minimum of B153,000

If you do take the file from me and find errors, please feel free to share your corrections with me.

Grateful to johng for pointing out a silly error in my original post.

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 7:14 AM, johng said:

I believe you can "swap" number plates between 2 legally registered vehicles
(in the same province ? )
though have never tried to do it myself.

I've got a good plate on my 150cc motorbike. Its Gor Gor Bor 150

Yes you are correct the 2 bikes need to be legally registered in the same province (and this can be done even if one of the bike is originally registered somewhere; just need to be  re-registered in the correct province first).

Price it mainly depend from the province (Bangkok being most expensive as far as I know) and also from the 2-3 letters before the number itself e.g. Bangkok number 1 could been anything from 30k THB and plus depending on the letters (no idea of the meaning honestly), and yes normally specially on big bikes you also pay for the plate number if "special one".

• Like 1