Tens of thousands of Hungarians protest against Orban landslide

rooster59

55 minutes ago, JAG said:

Oh I don't know, I rather gathered Mr Orban won because he got a lot more votes than the opposition. Not a concept with which Mr Trump is unduly familiar, nor perhaps the people who run the EU, who I understand are contemplating some sort of action against Mr Orban's government.

But then, that is the problem with democracy. The result has to basically reflect the votes cast. As soon as you interfere with those results, either because you are ideologically opposed to the winner, dislike him (understandable in this case) or in an attempt to rebalance the result in the "interest" of a minority, ("every vote must count"), well then it stops being a democracy...

Your best post this year so far! 

There is hope for you after all.................................... but probably not for me! :smile:

• Thanks 1

Considering the destruction and weapon bombarding of Syria at the moment and civil unrest in many other middle eastern countries, the west can expect to see millions of more immigrants heading their way soon, that is fueling the support for far right and ultra extreme far right parties and groups, as many see this as an only means of keeping controls on their borders.