Motorbike map Bangkok in and out?

Hummin

Im sure there is many treads about what I am going to ask for, but I am going from Hua Hin to Trat, and next time I am going North east, and so on. Is there a easy add on to Iphone, Google, or anything that will make my life easier when going in and out of Bangkok? 

I have found the ferry crossing Chao Phraya, so I know about that one. 

Thank you

Edited by Hummin

Im sure there is many treads about what I am going to ask for, but I am going from Hua Hin to Trat, and next time I am going North east, and so on. Is there a easy add on to Iphone, Google, or anything that will make my life easier when going in and out of Bangkok? 

I have found the ferry crossing Chao Phraya, so I know about that one. 
Thank you
About 3 weeks ago, I rode down to Bangkok from Chiang Mai using routes created on both Google Maps and a Garmin GPS with the most recent ESRI Thailand specific map. Everything was fine until I got to the northern edge of Bangkok. Both devices tried to route me on to roads that don't allow motorcycles such as Rama 9 and a toll road. Seems that they have no function for motorcycle routing and treat everything as a car. You can skip the toll roads by telling it to avoid them but there is no function I have found that avoids the roads that prohibit motorcycles.

Good luck

David

Sent from my SM-T719Y using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies. 

I have found some crossing points of the river, and also can drive along with the highway and beneath them. Just have enough time I guess, and take it slow. Seems like pain in the ass if you ask me. Contacted google anyone?

Edited by Hummin

13 hours ago, Genericnic said:

You can skip the toll roads by telling it to avoid them but there is no function I have found that avoids the roads that prohibit motorcycles.

I didn't find that the case with Google maps or my friends GPS via his mobile phone travelling to all of Southern Thailand. 

14 hours ago, Genericnic said:

About 3 weeks ago, I rode down to Bangkok from Chiang Mai using routes created on both Google Maps and a Garmin GPS with the most recent ESRI Thailand specific map. Everything was fine until I got to the northern edge of Bangkok. Both devices tried to route me on to roads that don't allow motorcycles such as Rama 9 and a toll road. Seems that they have no function for motorcycle routing and treat everything as a car. You can skip the toll roads by telling it to avoid them but there is no function I have found that avoids the roads that prohibit motorcycles.

Good luck

David

If you come in on the 32 or 1 highway it will eventually have a frontage road which you move over to. I have taken this road out of Bangkok a few years ago, and as you ride along the frontage road disappears and you are on the main Highway

19 hours ago, Genericnic said:

Good luck

David

In the Google Maps app is an option like "don't take toll roads", if you check this it won't send you on the highways where motorbikes are not allowed.

Motorcycles are allowed on Rama 9. Underpasses and small bridges inside BKK that don't allow motorbikes... who cares, the chance to run into a police check there is very small, and then it costs you 200THB.

The only problematic part are the bigger bridges that prohibit motorbikes (see second post in this thread), a high chance to get stopped there, so try to avoid them.

Edited by jackdd