Police Clearance for O Visa

I have just learned that police clearances are now required for O visas in Lao.

Is this true everywhere?  Specifically:

1) Stopping in Hong Kong en route to Bangkok for an O visa would be a waste of time because I don't have a police clearance?

2) Changing a 30 days on arrival visa to an O at CW would require paying 1,500 baht (?) for an expedited police clearance + 2,000 baht (?) + other fees?

3) Related, my pension is about half what is required to extend an O. Is a mix of pension and bank balance (20K per month + 200K bank balance) now possible?

4) Is online teaching for a company outside of Thailand a legal source of income that can be used along with a pension to extend an O marriage visa?

The embassy in Vientiane is the only location wanting a police clearance and medical certificate to get a single entry non-o visa for being 50 or over for retirement.

Not needed at immigration to apply for any visa either. 

3. You can use a combination of income and money it the bank to reach the total of 800k baht required.

4. Immigration is not interested in where your income is from. What is accepted by your embassy to get the required income letter could be where you would have a problem.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The embassy in Vientiane is the only location wanting a police clearance and medical certificate to get a single entry non-o visa for being 50 or over for retirement.

Not needed at immigration to apply for any visa either. 

3. You can use a combination of income and money it the bank to reach the total of 800k baht required.

4. Immigration is not interested in where your income is from. What is accepted by your embassy to get the required income letter could be where you would have a problem.

4) Is online teaching for a company outside of Thailand a legal source of income that can be used along with a pension to extend an O marriage visa?

i think he talk about marriage visa

2 minutes ago, poanoi said:

Not enough coffee I guess or got mislead by him writing a police clearance and etc. Not sure where he heard that false info.

If he is wanting to apply for an extension of stay (visas are not extended) based upon marriage a combination is not allowed.

43 minutes ago, gunghang said:

2) Changing a 30 days on arrival visa to an O at CW would require paying 1,500 baht (?) for an expedited police clearance + 2,000 baht (?) + other fees?

2,000 baht to convert to a Non Imm O Visa, then 1,900 baht for an extension based on marriage.

No police clearance required.

46 minutes ago, gunghang said:

3) Related, my pension is about half what is required to extend an O. Is a mix of pension and bank balance (20K per month + 200K bank balance) now possible?

No. Funds must be 40,000 baht per month, or 400,000 deposited in a Thai bank.

You could obtain a Non Imm O multi entry Visa in Savannakhet Lao (valid 1 year) without any police clearance or proof of funds based on marriage.

You would have to leave and re-enter Thailand every 90 days, or you can extend each 90 day permission to stay by 60 days at local Immigration for 1,900 baht.

8 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

You could obtain a Non Imm O multi entry Visa in Savannakhet Lao (valid 1 year) without any police clearance or proof of funds based on marriage.

You would have to leave and re-enter Thailand every 90 days, or you can extend each 90 day permission to stay by 60 days at local Immigration for 1,900 baht.

This sounds ideal.  I tried this in Georgetown a few years ago but they wanted proof of funds. I'm happy to hear about Savannakhet.

8 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

2,000 baht to convert to a Non Imm O Visa, then 1,900 baht for an extension based on marriage.

No police clearance required.

No. Funds must be 40,000 baht per month, or 400,000 deposited in a Thai bank.

I was asking the same question if Sawannakhet wants a police clearance not long ago, where other posters mentioned you'd need one. Can anybody clarify, please?

18 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

I was asking the same question if Sawannakhet wants a police clearance not long ago, where other posters mentioned you'd need one. Can anybody clarify, please?

I think you were asking about a non-b visa for teaching. Not needed for a non-o visa.

• Like 1