Aussie language teacher shot in Chiang Mai car park by Thai girlfriend

webfact

Aussie language teacher shot in Chiang Mai car park by Thai girlfriend

1pm.jpg

An Australian teacher who was trying to get back together with his Thai girlfriend was shot in the abdomen in the car park of a downtown Chiang Mai apartment on Saturday night.

Jean Paul Bull, 47, who teaches language at a well known Chiang Mai university is in hospital but recovering.

He had gone to Suphapreuk Court 2 in Suthep sub-district to invite his girlfriend Suphasri, 39, out for Songkran.

Chang Pheuak police were called to the car park of the apartment where they found the victim shot and Suphasri waiting with a 9mm gun in her hand.

The bullet had exited the body of the victim.

Suphasri said that she had known the Australian for two years but after arguments they had split up. He had assaulted her, she said, and she had reported to police twice in recent months about alleged assaults as he tried to reunite with her against her wishes.

This time a serious fight broke out and she pulled out a gun and after firing two warning shots she shot him in the abdomen to defend herself, she told the cops.

She has been detained and police will be interviewing the Australian before deciding how to proceed in the case.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-16

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a well known chiang mai university . . . chiang mai university?

anyway, why did she have the gun on her in the 1st place then go outside to argue, seems to me she may have intended to shoot the bloke before they even started arguing. speedy recovery ozzie. might be worth moving on from that one now i'd say

2 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

anyway, why did she have the gun on her in the 1st place then go outside to argue, seems to me she may have intended to shoot the bloke before they even started arguing. speedy recovery ozzie. might be worth moving on from that one now i'd say

Came to say the same thing - all the other reports say it's CMU - why in the world say "at a well known Chiang Mai university."

2 hours ago, webfact said:

He had gone to Suphapreuk Court 2 in Suthep sub-district to invite his girlfriend Suphasri, 39, out for Songkran.

The fact she shot him might indicate she doesn't regard herself as his girlfriend...

25 minutes ago, DLock said:

Police told me that if I shot someone in my house, to then shoot 2 shots into the roof and say I fired warning shots first...

...but they also said, make sure he was dead.

She got one part right.

I was told the same by the Colonel who got me my gun. He told me to empty the gun into any intruder as he did not want to have to come to my house with an intruder who was still alive.

13 minutes ago, taipan1949 said:

I was told the same by the Colonel who got me my gun. He told me to empty the gun into any intruder as he did not want to have to come to my house with an intruder who was still alive.

Exactly what the Police told me when they came to check my gun and ammo storage. His exact words were "dead men tell no tales".

Make sure he is dead...then put 2 in the ceiling...and change the order of which shots were fired first.

3 hours ago, keith101 said:

Warning shots or missing twice before hitting him is a question thats needs asking , unless there are witnesses who can verify her statement .

The step-father of a friend of mine was killed by a warning shot.  It ricocheted off the brick wall of the house.  It could easily (though freakishly) have happened in a more enclosed space like a carpark.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

He had assaulted her, she said, and she had reported to police twice in recent months about alleged assaults as he tried to reunite with her against her wishes.

1. We know why there was no investigation into the assault.

2. Why did she have anything to do with him after the first assault ?

Mind numbing. 

3 hours ago, Xyzero said:

So many fish in the sea  makes one wonder why one would go back to the same fishing hole when the one that you caught was not eatable 

Maybe he enjoyed beating on this particular 'fish' to use your tired conceit. I think this is all very good for the bloke. It will be tough to punch a girl with a bullet wound. Hope she's alright. Some guys just don't know when to quit.

3 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

At least he is alive,will make for an interesting conversation with his mates once he recovers.

yes lucky to survive but 2 warning shots before would have thought he would learn but he got what he deserved after assaulting her a few times 

2 hours ago, Happy enough said:

Maybe because " He had assaulted her, she said, and she had reported to police twice in recent months" and did not want another attack so she took a gun as a defensive strategy?

I thought that only a jealous ex- boyF or husband, would shoot the new frarang who is digging into his EX.....

but now if it's the girl herself who starts to shoot the farang.....this is real inflation !!!!....safer to fly them in from either Vietnam or some neighbouring country guys !!!:whistling:

And naturally, wish the victim a fast recovery and to hear his version of the truth !

1 hour ago, taipan1949 said:

1 hour ago, DLock said:

Exactly what the Police told me when they came to check my gun and ammo storage. His exact words were "dead men tell no tales".

Make sure he is dead...then put 2 in the ceiling...and change the order of which shots were fired first.

...and of course all these guns are duly licenced ?:whistling:....

Archived