Hire of small speed boat + driver Kho Samui and other stuff

I will soon be coming to Koh  Samui from Pattaya with my Thai partner. Staying near Chaweng Beach. First time to there for us both. Can get a lot of valuable info from the web and am arranging an itinerary.

Part of our plan will be taking day trips to islands etc nearby.

I know there are numerous tourist or tour trips to islands.

However in Pattaya can simply walk along Beach Road, find a speed boat for hire and the speed boat will take us to an island, wait there and bring us back.

Can do the same in KS?

What would I be expected to pay for a speed boat trip + driver, half day or full day?

Where is the best place to get a reliable one?

Or is it better I just go for the boats shown on tour sites?

Anything else I should know?

We also will be looking to hire a car+ driver to take us around to various place like temples , beaches, parks, markets et al.. Again, can anyone recommend a decent car and driver...and what are the rates?

Many thx any input.

Edited by zombie nights

I dont think you shall expect to walk the beach and hire a "taxi speed boat"; however you can hire a private boat with driver. 

Mr. Tu got a very good reputation – and is very kind man – you can hire a boat with driver, and he has transfer from/to your hotel/resort also.

However, there are several other firm that offers charter speedboats, take for example a look here...:smile:

• Like 2

For a day trip, go to the south of Samui,. 

In thong krut, you will find a long tailboat to charter a day for 1500 baht. 

Takes you to Koh Taen and Koh Mudsum, snorkling, fishing or just enjoy the untouched beaches. 

Unfortunately Koh Mudsum has been over run with Chinese now,koh Taen is nice but it's not a swimming beach, too much corals. 

Many thx the above very helpful replies and PS writes:

"Unfortunately Koh Mudsum has been over run with Chinese now,koh Taen is nice but it's not a swimming beach, too much corals."

That is good to know about the Chinese and Koh Mudsum-I think I should steer clear as I am allergic to that "wonderful" mob- with my experience here in Pattaya. I call them Cheap Charlie Chans....

If you know of other places to stay away from with screaming tourists please advise...

And: "me and my Thai wife can show you the island, costs you dinner and couple of beers"

Prior to getting that splendid suggestion I have taken up another nice offer from a different source for an island tour but most appreciative for your helpfulness!

:smile:

Edited by zombie nights
  • Like 1