How to obtain Police clearance certificate without going to Bangkok

Lina Lime

Hi All, 

A police clearance certificate is required to apply for NON-O visa (retirement). I am in Chiangmai and prefer not to go to Bangkok for this if possible.

I called a lawyer and he asked 25000 THB for this service, it sounds a bit too much.

Can anyone please recommend a service or a well priced lawyer who can do it for me ?

Thanks in advance.

• Confused 1

Yes, in Vientiane. I saw your comments on other posts recommending Savvanakhet. I was considering it to avoid all the police clearance docs but I read that they require some kind of letter from my country's embassy confirming employment/income. I don't have any of those so I'm reluctant to go there.. do you know much about document requiremets in Savvanakhet? The website is in thai http://www.thaisavannakhet.com/savannakhet/th/ I can't seem to be able to translate it.

Don't I need to be abroad to apply via email ? http://pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/filedownload/infomation-service-2.pdf - page 3 it says "for an applicant residing abroad only" or am I missing something ?

Thanks !

found translation from Savvanakhet embassy site for the retirement visa, one of the docs is "Certificate of retirement from the embassy of a nationality"  Do I just contact my embassy for this? Or maybe they don't even ask for it. Any thoughts?

Thanks

How long are you prepared to wait. My Thai wife applied for a clearance at the Bangkok office and waited two months before receiving the document upcountry in the mail. I applied for a clearance nine weeks ago from overseas having spent the last 10 years in Thailand. I've sent a couple of reminder emails and have not received any reply. The missus reckons if it took her two months and she's a local, I might be waiting for some time yet. 

Edited by MickGC
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, bbbbooboo said:

Hmm.... Siam legal will do it for about 15000 baht.. Takes less than 2 weeks.Used them last month. Quick and efficient. That was from outside Thailand, probably cheaper from inside

In my case the clearance was not urgent. I've spent less than 2000 Baht so far for return postage plus my own time organising  certified copies of identity documents etc. which I'm guessing you would have had to do yourself anyway and send off to Siam Legal. 

3 hours ago, MickGC said:

How long are you prepared to wait. My Thai wife applied for a clearance at the Bangkok office and waited two months before receiving the document upcountry in the mail. I applied for a clearance nine weeks ago from overseas having spent the last 10 years in Thailand. I've sent a couple of reminder emails and have not received any reply. The missus reckons if it took her two months and she's a local, I might be waiting for some time yet. 

absolutely useless people. What a joke and a disgraceful service.

I paid Siam Legal in BKK to do a police clearance for my wife. This is what they said the charges would be

As for police background check, the normal processing time is 5 weeks for 100 
THB. 
If you want it expedite for 6 business days, it will be 2,200 THB.