Thaivisa exclusive: Alleged pedophile "let go by police" - heading for Bangkok

rooster59

Thaivisa exclusive: Alleged pedophile "let go by police" - heading for Bangkok

pai-1.png.36d9c314727d491ba37499d954f4723d.png

The American man who exposed himself to a group of children in Pai has been released by police, the father of one of the children has claimed.

Now he is believed to be heading for Bangkok a free man.

Thaivisa understands that the man's visa runs out today - but he could soon be back in Thailand if he is not blacklisted.

Earlier the man was filmed at a temple trying to grab children, kissing one and then dropping his pants to expose himself.

He had a head wound after a stumble and was filmed at a local police station.

But Tom Baroni the concerned father of one of the children contacted Thaivisa to say that he has apparently been released.

It is not known if any charges were laid concerning his filmed behavior but that seems unlikely if he is on the move. 

Mr Baroni told us that an eye witness saw the man leaving on a bus for Chiang Mai. He was believed headed for Bangkok and was due to leave Thailand as his visa had expired.

Mr Baroni said in an email: "He told me personally that he lives in India and that he is running or helping out at an orphanage there because he loves children".

Mr Baroni is concerned that if the man is not blacklisted, as seems unlikely, he could be soon back in Thailand.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-21
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

I seriously hope there is a lot more to this story than being announced here. Releasing someone without charge for something like this seems extremely unusual and improper.

Even though it is mentioned, I am unable to connect a "head wound" with this somehow being considered acceptable behaviour.

I hope Mr. Baroni has his information incorrect, or that the cops will explain themselves.

"I seriously hope there is a lot more to this story than being announced here."  The OP is titled "Thai Visa Exclusive", surely it is up to Thai visa to verify their sources and or confirm if the story is true or not.  They are not 'cutting and pasting' from the Nation on this occasion.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I seriously hope there is a lot more to this story than being announced here. Releasing someone without charge for something like this seems extremely unusual and improper.

Even though it is mentioned, I am unable to connect a "head wound" with this somehow being considered acceptable behaviour.

I hope Mr. Baroni has his information incorrect, or that the cops will explain themselves.

Big brown envelope.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Thailand should at the very least warn/alert the Indian police. If this man works at an orphanage, I fear the damage he will have done or do.

I wonder if he passed on a nice big brown envelope.

2 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

Here is to hoping that the FBI reads this story. And here are the relevant search terms again, just in case he slipped thru the net:

American, pedophile, Thailand, Pai police station, India orphanage

I hope so as well. The United States has a law criminalising the extraterritorial sexual exploitation of children, which is one of those rare offences for which an American can be arrested upon their return to the US and prosecuted for acts committed abroad. I believe the Thai authorities could have simply handed him over to the FBI in Bangkok had they wanted to. It really is a mystery what is going on with this, but we can hope that maybe the story is not over yet. I also wonder whether this person is travelling with a device that might contain photographs or videos that could be observed by a nice Customs officer.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

A typical pass the buck response; money may have been paid, but I'm pretty sure the Thai police don't want to deal with this crazy person who may be suffering from God knows what age-related diseases. A clear case for the US Embassy to step in, take him home, and give him a proper assessment. If that involves custodial care then so be it. If that involves prosecution for former cases in India, then so be it. He shouldn't be out on the street, that is clear; but to class him as your classic paedophile I'm not so sure.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, nausea said:

A typical pass the buck response; money may have been paid, but I'm pretty sure the Thai police don't want to deal with this crazy person who may be suffering from God knows what age-related diseases. A clear case for the US Embassy to step in, take him home, and give him a proper assessment. If that involves custodial care then so be it. If that involves prosecution for former cases in India, then so be it. He shouldn't be out on the street, that is clear; but to class him as your classic paedophile I'm not so sure.

A bullet can be arranged 200 meters out

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Thailand should at the very least warn/alert the Indian police. If this man works at an orphanage, I fear the damage he will have done or do.

And the American Embassy? Was it not contacted immediately?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1