Electronics Repair Shop

MrBrad

Can anyone recommend a competent electronics repair shop in Chiang Mai?  I have a tabletop radio with a sound problem; there is a bit of detectable audio, but it is very faint.  I took the radio to a shop near the north bus station.  The repairman had it for about a week and did nothing with it during that time.  He apparently was not interested in my problem.  Any recommendations?

Go past Prince Hotel across the little bridge and turn right at the T,  just a bit on the left is a guy who is good at electronic repairs. Open front shop house in the first row of shop houses you see on the left.

21 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

There are two audio shops in Kad Suan Kaew. Both do repairs on amplifiers and speakers. Probably can help with your problem. The larger of the two is on the 3rd floor, towards the rear of the main area.

Are you sure? I know one of the shop owners and he doesn't do repairs. I can't say about the other one (the smaller one with a few musical instruments as well) because I have never in all the years seen the place open.

Amorn does repairs. I've had good luck with them (Computer Plaza branch).

The place that Dante recommends has many customers and the guy is always busy although I haven't been there myself.

2 hours ago, elektrified said:

Are you sure? I know one of the shop owners and he doesn't do repairs. I can't say about the other one (the smaller one with a few musical instruments as well) because I have never in all the years seen the place open.

I didn't speak to them myself. My friend's Thai wife called both shops, and both shops said that they could repair his Amp. 

Amorn does repairs. I've had good luck with them (Computer Plaza branch). 

Interesting to know. I didn't think Amorn had a shop in Computer Plaza. I know that they have a 3-floor shop inside the large building further west along the road.  Where in Computer Plaza are they located?

On 4/23/2018 at 9:47 AM, Dante99 said:

Go past Prince Hotel across the little bridge and turn right at the T,  just a bit on the left is a guy who is good at electronic repairs. Open front shop house in the first row of shop houses you see on the left.

My radio has been repaired and is in fine working order thanks to the repairman at this shop.  280 baht later all's well.  Really a nice guy working here. 

face awesome.jpg

On 4/23/2018 at 2:22 PM, FolkGuitar said:

I didn't speak to them myself. My friend's Thai wife called both shops, and both shops said that they could repair his Amp. 

Interesting to know. I didn't think Amorn had a shop in Computer Plaza. I know that they have a 3-floor shop inside the large building further west along the road.  Where in Computer Plaza are they located?

I know the guy in the larger shop. He may farm some things out I would imagine. But he is not technically inclined himself.

Sorry yes, that's the one. The office for the repair center is out in front of the main 3-floor building - to the right of the front door. I guess the actual shop is inside somewhere since they moved. They are good for appliances, home electronics, and I've seen all sorts of things go in and out of there.

Archived