Walking Street woman admits to theft in the hours of darkness from Yemeni tourist

webfact

Walking Street woman admits to theft in the hours of darkness from Yemeni tourist

2pm.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable

Pattaya station chief Apichai Krobpetch announced the arrest of a Walking Street woman who stole money from the room of a Yemeni tourist during Songkran.

Arrested was Busaba "Jack" Kanthiya, 35, who was found at Patra Home in Soi Bon Kai.

Mr Al Safi Saeed Al Safi Ba Wazir, 33, had invited Jack to his room at Max Hotel in the early hours of April 15th.

While he was in the shower following the conclusion to their activity she disappeared.

Gone too was 300 dollars and a bunch of rials totaling 32,000 baht when converted to Thai money. Also taken were two credit cards.

Jack admitted everything saying she needed money to pay off debts and other personal matters.

She has been detained on a charge of theft in the hours of darkness that is considered more serious than that which might occur during the daytime.

Source: Sophon Cable

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-24
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, webfact said:

She has been detained on a charge of theft in the hours of darkness that is considered more serious than that which might occur during the daytime.

Surely, theft is theft whatever the lighting conditions? Can someone enlighten me.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Surely, theft is theft whatever the lighting conditions? Can someone enlighten me.

Section 335 of the Criminal Code B.E. 2499. The punishment would have been even more severe if she had stolen an ox or a buffalo.

• Haha 1

Section 335 of the Criminal Code B.E. 2499. The punishment would have been even more severe if she had stolen an ox or a buffalo.
No wonder the buffaloes get regular mentions in bar-girl letters.

Having said that, is it dependent on whether it's day or night time as to the punishment?

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

28 minutes ago, Maestro said:

?Give me a home

Where the buffalo roam

And I'll show you a house full of s**t.?

• Haha 1

From the Criminal Code B.E. 2499 (highlighting in bold is mine):

Section 334
Whoever, dishonestly taking away the thing of other person or which the other person to be
co-owner to be said to commit the theft, shall be imprisoned not out of three years and
fined not out of six thousand Baht.

Section 335
Whoever commits theft under any of the following circumstances:
(1) By night;

Shall be punished with imprisonment of one to five years and fined of two thousand to ten
thousand Baht.

If the offence according to the first paragraph be committed against the ox, buffalo,
mechanical device or machinery of the agriculturist to possess for purpose of carrying on
agricultural pursuit, the offender shall be punished with imprisonment of three to ten years
and fined of six thousand to twenty thousand Baht.

No goat mentioned.

Section 1 defines night as "the interval between sunset and sunrise"

• Thanks 1