Life After A 6 Month Tourist Visa ?

• 2 weeks later...
This is not the situation I am in – but I am very curious none the less…

For someone holding a 6 month Tourist visa.

What happens at the end of that six months ?

Can the normal Visa Exemption stamp on arrival be applied – i.e. 3 times before another 6 month tourist visa is required ?

unfortunatly this is my situation, i've just done my second stint of 60 days and now have to leave to get another 60 but i only want to do the 30 day thing at the end of that 60 so do i just go out, come back in and get the 30??.

unfortunatly this is my situation, i've just done my second stint of 60 days and now have to leave to get another 60 but i only want to do the 30 day thing at the end of that 60 so do i just go out, come back in and get the 30??.

Yep, just do a border crossing and get stamped back in for 30 days. Alternatively you could go to immigration and get a 30 day extension to your last 60 days, 1900 Baht :o

Okay, I have been looking all over the net for the comprehesnive rules for Tourist Visas but cannot find any. I was in Thailand for 3 months until my yoga school moved due to the visa exempt changes. However, We are considering coming back if we can get Tourist Visas indef.

Here are my questions:

1. I want to come for one year minimum. If I get Tourist Visas (60 day) can I go to Penang and apply for those 50 day TVs indefinatly?

2. What is the situation with multi entry TVs? Are they good for 60 days and then you just cross a border and get an additional 60 days (120 total)? Are these available, how many entries, is there an issue with applying again after the last entry has expired.

Please provide any other information useful in figuring out how to do this.

GB