Rent car in Bangkok

waxpro

Hey guys,

A friend of mine needs to rent a car in Bangkok, sedan full size family car,

preferably to get the car from around the mall thapra area, or the city center, but not from the airport,

she was trying to find a car and called some agencies, most of them said the car available to pick at the airport,

any advise? thanks

Try   https://www.fastcarhire.co.uk/      I've used them numerous times.  They are a brokerage that uses most of the major hire firms. I find their service far better than dealing direct with the hire car company.

I've had occasions where say Avis or Hertz can't or won't assist, dealing through FastCar produces excellent results. I've had cars delivered to & picked up from my nominated hotel.

Cheers....

While waiting for delivery of our car my Wife and I were unable to get a hire-car for 2 weeks in Bangkok. 

I couldn't believe how disinterested even the major companies were. 

From offices not staffed at stated opening times, cars only available at the airport (we had to pick them up), availability in a 'few' days, to some of the smaller companies offering seemingly unscrupulous damage waiver costs and some without adequate insurance.... 

After 2-3 days of trying we simply gave up and relied on UBER & Grab. 

After attempting to deal with the car-hire companies in Bangkok I realized one thing: They are not there for the customer, the customer is there to provide them with business. 

Thus: Op: To avoid the run-around it may be worth while just biting the bullet and picking it up at the Airport (use the Airport link). 

Edited by richard_smith237

much easier to hire a van and a driver for the day, 1200 baht plus fuel, this is what we do now when we go to Bangkok, we have a great driver and very clean and comfortable van plus he knows everywhere we need to go