UHD HDR10 movie streaming

mserror

Here is my current experience. I have TOT 100/50 fibre account.

1. Android TV on Sony TV. Google Play Movies has 24 titles, I rented one, it worked perfectly, but expensive. Amazon Prime: signed for a 7d trial. I watched some series episodes in UHD HDR10 worked perfectly. But I could not find any UHD HDR10 movies, and the app only accesses subscription content, I could not rent or buy. I used my PC to see if I could rent then watch on TV, but I could not find a way - this may be possible, I did not spend hours trying.
  2. Apple TV 4k. I bought this purely for UHD HDR10 movie streaming, it lists many movies and new releases at 99 and 129 B. I have tried two titles in two accounts and they would not play. Have raised a complaint with Apple. (Note that I did not try streaming at lower quality - if I try this then my 48 h rental period starts, and I may never see it in UHD, and I do not want lower quality.) 

So the situation is pretty grim. Please add your experiences or advice.

On 27/04/2018 at 1:48 PM, gaviny said:

I just have a one off payment of a Minix 8H Plus and downloaded MegaboxHD app to watch movies and tv shows and Foxtel Go to watch my Australian sports via my cable account back in Oz.
I have 3BB 30/10 Adsl and it does the job.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Why did you buy an obsolete box with Android 4.2?

The OP is talking about 4K streams, which megaboxhd or foxtel are not, and which aren't even possible with a Minix 8H plus

I have a Minix X6 & Minix U1 and have been very happy with them. Running IPTV, Kodi with Plex, Motor Replays etc.

Happy that is, until I recently got Netflix and discovered the Minix is not a 'supported Netflix device' and so doesn't get surround sound.

My PC (Windows 10 Netflix app and Plex server) does get surround, but its in a different room.

So, as I have a buyer for the Minix x6 and need a replacement box, I am looking for a new device.

As Minix and most other Android TV boxes don't get Netflix 5.1 (a Netflix limitation, it seems) and I don't want to move my PC into the lounge, I need a new box that will give me the full Netflix experience.

Reading this thread, it would seem the Nvidia Shield fits the spec I want.

My question is :-

Is the Shield, now 3-4 yrs old, still the box to buy?

If so, where in Thailand is best to buy it (a respectable company that honours warranties etc)

Or should I source from the US - will the voltage be 110v or ok for Thailand & what about customs duty...

Thanks in advance 

Archived