Getting Satellite Tv

khunyae

Check out this company.

Disclaimer: I am not in any way affiliated with them, but they do have some useful information on their website.

They are the experts with good service but generally double the price of any Thai Sat co.which is understandable as the owner is a Kiwi.

So if I wanted to get TV5 and BBC world as well as few sports channels, living in Bangkok, how much would I have to pay for decent dish, medium end and top end? I am also assuming that all this comes free of UBC's interference in veiwing pleasure, i.e meaning that I don't have to see a nasty red screen, and can get the real FTV as well VH1? :o

Can anyone tell me what package I need to go for to get the above? Thanks! On satellite!

Check out this company.

Disclaimer: I am not in any way affiliated with them, but they do have some useful information on their website.

They are the experts with good service but generally double the price of any Thai Sat co.which is understandable as the owner is a Kiwi.

So if I wanted to get TV5 and BBC world as well as few sports channels, living in Bangkok, how much would I have to pay for decent dish, medium end and top end? I am also assuming that all this comes free of UBC's interference in veiwing pleasure, i.e meaning that I don't have to see a nasty red screen, and can get the real FTV as well VH1? :o

Can anyone tell me what package I need to go for to get the above? Thanks! On satellite!

Please look at the later thread here on the forum asking whether a named sat co could be recommended.

They are in Bangkok and have a proper shop /demonstration area. Speak English too !

Check out this company.

The "Dynasat Move" package has BBC World, TV5, and some others - not sure what sports channels as they do not interest me. Go to www.dynasat.com for a full list of the channels available. My local dealer is offering the Move package at 16,000 baht, installed and with one year free maintenance. There are no subscription fees. I am just looking into it, have not got it yet so can't make any comments on performance. With a 7.5 foot dish and a clear view of the southern sky you can get many channels - a smaller dish or a fixed dish restrict the number of channels. Most of the available channels are Indonesian, Indian, etc., and probably of no interest, but there are a handful of decent ones. I believe certain "upgrades" are available (see this thread) to enhance one's viewing pleasure, for a moderate increase in price. Most of the channels originate outside Thailand and are only subject to their own originating countries censorship.

Others on here clearly know a lot more about this than me, but I think (hope) this is the straight-forward answer you were looking for :-)

Cheers,

Mike

Edit> The package I refer to is the Dynasat C/Ku Duo Move. For C-band on its own, it is 14,000 baht.

Edited by phibunmike

Check out this company.

So if I wanted to get TV5 and BBC world as well as few sports channels, living in Bangkok, how much would I have to pay for decent dish, medium end and top end? I am also assuming that all this comes free of UBC's interference in veiwing pleasure, i.e meaning that I don't have to see a nasty red screen, and can get the real FTV as well VH1? :D

The "Dynasat Move" package has BBC World, TV5, and some others - not sure what sports channels as they do not interest me. Go to www.dynasat.com for a full list of the channels available. My local dealer is offering the Move package at 16,000 baht, installed and with one year free maintenance. There are no subscription fees. I am just looking into it, have not got it yet so can't make any comments on performance. With a 7.5 foot dish and a clear view of the southern sky you can get many channels - a smaller dish or a fixed dish restrict the number of channels. Most of the available channels are Indonesian, Indian, etc., and probably of no interest, but there are a handful of decent ones. I believe certain "upgrades" are available (see this thread) to enhance one's viewing pleasure, for a moderate increase in price. Most of the channels originate outside Thailand and are only subject to their own originating countries censorship.

Others on here clearly know a lot more about this than me, but I think (hope) this is the straight-forward answer you were looking for :-)

Cheers,

Mike

Edit> The package I refer to is the Dynasat C/Ku Duo Move. For C-band on its own, it is 14,000 baht.

Please let me know the outcome, sounds better than the 31k I was quoted with another company plus 19k up front for a years subscription! :o:D

The package described above is a complete waste of money.

Also as from yesterday ALL boxes and systems on Agila were knocked out !

As earlier rcommended , pm meerkat as he wrote he has a system showing everthing with a small subscription fee and ..............as he described it...I can confirm..........its the bees' knees !!

This all seems too complicated to me. I have had a Dynasat silver box II for about two years or so. It has been out of service so many times and required new codes or software upgrades that I have now given up using it at all. My wife watches Thai TV on it, but that’s all. I would like to watch TV but it does not seem worth the bother. I have been offered alternatives but I don’t have much faith in any of them really. I bought my current system from an Ideal Homes Expro in Bangkok without any idea that it was not quite legitimate. I don’t watch enough TV to justify paying UBC prices. Has anyone got a tried and tested system that works without maintenance?

FOrget about Dynasat - the upgrades take too long to come out.

I sggest you buy a NewShine3000 and a card writer (with free card) from me for 4000 baht.

I give full instructions so you can update the dream codes yourself using your computer. You then transfer the card from your computer to the set top box.

Pm me with your phone number for a chat

Certainly correct regarding Dynasat ! However only consider that Baht 4000 offer if you do not have broadband /cannot get it , as there are far better solutions on the market.

Perhaps the gentleman can help with those as clearly he is expert in such systems using a computer , speaks fluent English and his fees could be lower than many sat dealers.

Certainly correct regarding Dynasat ! However only consider that Baht 4000 offer if you do not have broadband /cannot get it , as there are far better solutions on the market.

Perhaps the gentleman can help with those as clearly he is expert in such systems using a computer , speaks fluent English and his fees could be lower than many sat dealers.

what is dynasat?

what is dynasat?

See www.dynasat.com