Prince Louis Arthur Charles: British royals William and Kate name their baby

snoop1130

8 minutes ago, oilinki said:

English royals, like most of the European royals, are simply monkeys at their country's zoo's. Yes they get free food and nice accommodation, but with the huge cost of their personal freedom of not being able to be themselves. 

The same applies to the people who are or wish to become famous. Free food at the zoo. Some folks might enjoy it, but I'm quite sure most would not love to have their every action recorded and scrutinised by the media and general public. 

Royalty without absolute power is a glasshouse jail for those unfortunate folks who have the curse of being born with blue blood. 

Now.. to become a king with absolute power.. that's a whole different story :)

Yes it must be terrible getting paid £80,000,000 a year for pulling a cord to reveal a brass plaque, surely it's much better to be on roof fitting tiles in the middle of winter for £300 a week.

On 27/04/2018 at 12:20 PM, observer90210 said:

An extra mouth to fit and feed for the British taxpayers ?!! :sorry::whistling:

The real burden on the tax payers is those born to parents who live on benefits who have never worked and will never work if they can help it... there's thousands of them.

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

The real burden on the tax payers is those born to parents who live on benefits who have never worked and will never work if they can help it... there's thousands of them.

Many of whom live outside of  the UK and enjoy all those benefits.

Edited by geriatrickid

2 hours ago, vogie said:

Yes it must be terrible getting paid £80,000,000 a year for pulling a cord to reveal a brass plaque, surely it's much better to be on roof fitting tiles in the middle of winter for £300 a week.

Would you change your place with a member of royal family, if given the chance to do it right now? Would you recommend your loved one to become part of the royal family?

Do you really love money so much, you would sacrifice your own private life?

1 minute ago, oilinki said:

Would you change your place with a member of royal family, if given the chance to do it right now? Would you recommend your loved one to become part of the royal family?

I would change tomorrow, but I doubt if they would. But that would never happen, you have to be born into it. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Hey give me the job. I'll make a right arse of myself in two days, pocket the cash and head to Caribbean. Would be a fitting end to squander it away in Nassau.

"A lot of a burden on the taxpayer" has come up often on here, but the Queen does pay tax herself now,  and she still has the privy purse, and the royal family are still some of the best ambassadors for the country we have.

Last time I was in London on a not so nice March afternoon, walking past Buck House they were tourists standing 4 deep to get a look at where the Queen lives, I would say those tourist dollars coming into the country would outweigh what she receives from the government. 

4 minutes ago, CGW said:

Are they keeping there "new" name or calling by his correct name Saxe-Coburg or does that sound too German? :shock1:

The Windsors will revert to 'Saxe-Coburg-Gotha'  if the President of the USA reverts to 'Drumpf' ..... or does that sound too German?

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, DrTuner said:

I think at this point they should be able to get enough $ from youtube ads and compete with Kardashians on TV. No sense paying them from taxes. 

Monarchies were alright when they were still pillaging each other few centuries ago. Not much relevance today.

Check how well the other royal families in europe reacted to the call for help from the Russian Royals.

2 hours ago, CGW said:

Are they keeping there "new" name or calling by his correct name Saxe-Coburg or does that sound too German? :shock1:

Wrong...

Mountbatten as that was Prince Philips adopted name otherwise it would have been Glucksburg from the House of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Wrong...

Mountbatten as that was Prince Philips adopted name otherwise it would have been Glucksburg from the House of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg.

Least nobody would suspect their true heritage with a good British name like that :thumbsup: