Non-imm. O multiple entry spouse visa

mickmac

Just a quick query: Can I get my 1 year multiple entry non-Imm O spouse visa re-newed at the Promenade Immigration centre, or will I have to leave the country and get it re-issued from a THai embassy in an adjoining country? 

I Used to get it re-newed in Ireland, but since end of March this is not done in Dublin, the passports and visa's are issued from the London consulate. 

Visas are never renewed either within or outside Thailand. You have the option of applying for a NEW visa from outside Thailand or applying for an extension of stay within Thailand if you can meet the requirements which include having 400K Bht in a Thai bank or an income of 40K/month.

Thanks for the prompt reply Swimman. Would the extension of stay just be for 90 days or for a year, with multiple entries?  Have bank books which shows transfer of monies to Thailand in excess of 40k per month.

UbonJoe will be along shortly to clarify, I'm sure..

However, I don't think bank books are good enough to show income ! You will need proof of earnings.

Plus an extension will be for a year but if you want to leave and keep the extension active, you will need to obtain a re-entry permit before leaving. Single or multiple, up to you.

Archived