ABBA send fans wild by recording brand new music for first time in 35 years in "unexpected" reunion

rooster59

ABBA send fans wild by recording brand new music for first time in 35 years in "unexpected" reunion

By Ashleigh Rainbird

Photo-of-Agnetha-FALTSKOG-and-ABBA-and-Bjorn-ULVAEUS-and-Anni-Frid-LYNGSTAD-and-Benny-ANDERSSON.jpg

From left to right: Bjorn Ulvaeus, Anni-Frid Lyngstad (back), Agnetha Faltskog and Benny Andersson (Image: Redferns)

To the delight of millions of fans across the globe, ABBA have recorded new music together for the first time in 35 years.

The band has described the shock move as an “unexpected” but “extremely joyful experience”.

The former couples say it seems like “time had stood still” and their last studio sessions feels like it ­happened just “a short holiday” ago.

The Swedish pop superstars, who split in 1983, will debut new single I Still Have Faith In You in a two-hour BBC TV special in December.

Full story: https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/abba-send-fans-wild-recording-12441311

Mirror: 2018-04-28

• Sad 1

Funds must be running low by now after 35 years of sitting on their

collective, hugely talented areses doing sweet FA...

It will be be interesting to see how they will revive a long time 

mothballed career...

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

mothballed career...

I would think the royalties from their music would keep them living more than comfortably.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

mothballed career...

You should be so poor :

"Lyngstad, for example, married a prince and upon his death inherited a small fortune of £75million, or about $103 million, according to the Sun. Meanwhile, Andersson is one of Sweden’s 184 billionaires — according to Veckans Affärer, he’s worth about 1.5 billion krona ($170 million).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

Most of that would go to Benny and Bjorn

Last I heard Agnetha and Anni were scrubbing floors for a living.

According to Celebrity Net Worth, each member of Abba is believed to be worth between $200 million (£144.9m) and $300 million (£217.4m). 

That puts their total net worth as a group at between $800 million (£579.8m) and $1.2 billion (£869.7m).

• Haha 1

On 4/28/2018 at 2:17 PM, giddyup said:

Last I heard Agnetha and Anni were scrubbing floors for a living.

According to Celebrity Net Worth, each member of Abba is believed to be worth between $200 million (£144.9m) and $300 million $800 million (£579.8m) and $1.2 billion (£869.7m).

As I said Benny and bjorn would have earned most of that. At least 50% more  ($300m) No idea why you would think the girls would scrub floors or poor attempt at sarcasm You may want to google why they are way above the girls

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, InMyShadow said:

I dont want to see Agnetha as a grand ma . I want to remember the Blonde goddess as she was before the split

Fear not, apparently there is some technical skulduggery afoot and, although the music is new, they will look like they did 35 years ago.

Drool on!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

As I said Benny and bjorn would have earned most of that. At least 50% more  ($300m)

No idea why you would think the girls would scrub floors or poor attempt at sarcasm

You may want to google why they are way above the girls

My point was, which you fail to grasp, is that none of them are scratching for a living. Because Benny and Bjorn may have got the lion's share doesn't mean the girls aren't extremely wealthy. BTW, they quoted each members net worth at over $200 million, so whether the two guys may have earned 50% more is irrelevant.

24 minutes ago, giddyup said:

My point was, which you fail to grasp, is that none of them are scratching for a living. Because Benny and Bjorn may have got the lion's share doesn't mean the girls aren't extremely wealthy. BTW, they quoted each members net worth at over $200 million, so whether the two guys may have earned 50% more is irrelevant.

Who said they were scratching? I dont see any posts mention it. Sounds like your fighting with yourself ...bizarre

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

mothballed career...

Any other contenders for the silliest post of 2018? This one will be hard to top.